7

Erika

~one week later~

I had been talking to Alex a lot over the past week.

Nothing changed from the results of the paternity test, Jack hasn't even made an effort to even try. To be honest Alex was more of a dad to Payton then Jack and I thought that was sad.

In fact, Alex was coming over today to hang out with me and Payton. But he was planning something before hand.

"Momma?" Payton said

"Hmm?" I said as I closed the book.

"What happened to daddy? I haven't seen him in so long!" She groaned as she put her doll down.

She's been asking about him for the past week and now this was the final straw. It's not that I was sick of her asking, that most certainly was NOT the case. What I was sick of was the neglect that Jack insisted was ok!

"Get your shoes on honey i'll take you to go see him." At that she jumped up and ran for her shoes. I picked up my phone to call Alex and he picked up on the first ring.

"ERIKA MY HOMIE WASSUP!" He yelled

"Hey Alex, I'm gonna have to delay the hangout today, Erika asked about Jack again today and I'm gonna go over there and give him a piece of my mind." I said.

"Dude that's totally ok! Just call me and tell me how it goes."

"I'm ready momma." She said and ran out.

"Alright Alex that's her, i'll talk to you later."

Jack was going to get what's coming to him.

~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>

"Alright honey, I want you to stay in the car while I talk to your dad." I said to her. While I wanted to sooth her, this would most likely turn into a screaming match. But I hoped for the best.

She nodded and I got out of the car. I tried not to let my anger show but I couldn't help it.

I walked up to the door and took a deep breath and knocked on it.

I saw his car in the drive way so I knew he was home, he wasn't getting out of this.

I lifted up my hand to knock again but as my hand was held in the air he opened the door.

"Are you here to yell at me to?" He asked. In simple terms, he looked terrible. His hair was disheveled and his beard was grown out more then usual. His clothes were raggy.

"Your daughter is in that car," I started and pointed to it. He followed my finger and looked at the car.

"She's been asking all week about you, and now is the time that you become a father. You're gonna shower and spend the day with her." I said and poked his chest.

"You don't understand." He whispered. He closed the door behind him and held his hands up.

"What I understand is that you don't want anything to do with your daughter." I snapped. He held his finger up to his lips and mine and shushed me.

"Bri can't stand children." He whispered. "That's her problem, this is our child were talking about." I said.

"Let me explain...she hates them with a burning passion, believe I want to visit Payton I really do, but it would have to be secretly." He whispered.

"Is that why you freaked out when I told you about Payton." I asked. He nodded

"Well get up, get ready cause today's the day." I said and pushed him inside. He smiled and ran up the stairs.

I went out to the car to talk to Payton. "Guess who's gonna visit you today?!" I said

"Daddy?!" I nodded and she squealed about 15 minutes later jack came out with new clothes and wet hair.

"Hey kiddo!" He said as he got in the car.

"Hi daddy!" She exclaimed.

"Alright so Alex is coming over to hang out so you guys can do whatever you want." I said as I pulled into the driveway.

"Why don't you go in pumpkin and i'll meet you inside I have to talk to your mom." Jack said. Payton unbuckled her seatbelt and ran to the house and opened the door.

"So what's going on with you and Alex?" He asked. I didn't know it was bad to a friend that just so happened to be a guy.

"He's just a friend jack and since when do you care you're getting married!" I said and opened the door. He followed me "c'mon Erika you know I didn't mean it like that! I was just asking."

"No no I know I just don't want to talk about it when you're supposed to be playing princesses with Payton." I said and smiled.

~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>

Alex wouldn't stop laughing. "How is that possibly funny?" I asked. I found nothing funny about Jack thinking me and Alex are dating.

"He's jealous girlie." He said once he calmed down. No way. He had Brianna. He doesn't need me.

I shook my head and laughed.

"You'll see Erika. I'm right about my best friend." He said.

I didn't believe him, but I couldn't help but wonder.