10

(This is just a filler before I write the big wedding chapter)

~8 days later~

Erika

The wedding was tomorrow. I was having second thoughts as to if I should go or not. I felt unwelcome to say the least. I walked through the supermarket with Payton thinking that not only four months before, this is where Jack told me he was getting married. And I most likely could have changed his mind.

It was times like this that I really needed Austin. But with the time difference between Europe and California being completely different, every time I was awake, he was asleep. To say that I haven't been hurting over the past week and a day would be a complete lie. A lie. My heart was hurting so much, every time I thought of Jack I felt it ache just a little bit more. It seemed that I couldn't get him off of my mind.

The only thing I brought myself to do was grocery shopping, class, take care of Payton and sleep. I haven't hung out with Alex and I most certainly haven't spoken to Jack. I lost touch.

As I strolled through the supermarket I couldn't help but hope that I would run into someone that I knew and have a decent conversation with someone for the first time in eight days. My daughter sitting in the cart wasn't enough.

"Pasta, pasta, pasta." I whispered to myself as I rolled the cart over to the noodle aisle. I scanned the various options displayed and finally picked two and put them in the cart. "Momma can we get fruit snacks?" Payton asked as I put the pasta in the basket. I nodded and started the other way.

But I bumped into another cart and heard an OOF! "Oh my! I'm so so sorry. I wasn't looking." I said as I pulled the cart away. "Oh no it's ok! Really..oh....it's you." I looked up to see Brianna's caked face and frowned. "What's 'oh it's you.' Supposed to mean! Just because it's me, it's suddenly not ok." I snapped. She rolled her eyes and pushed past me.

"Excuse you!" I yelled as she turned around. "Take yourself and that little brat of yours away from me and stay away from my man." She came up to me and poked my shoulder.

"That man just happens to be the father of my daughter so why don't you take yourself away from my daughter and I before I seriously do something that'll take serious makeup for you tomorrow." I threatened. She squinted and stepped closer to me. Almost asking for a challenge. "Try me." She whispered. "Don't say anything else about my family and we won't have a problem whore." I sneered.

"It was your fault you got pregnant with that thing you slut."

"Last time I checked your soon to be husband was there with me." I whispered and shoved her away. At this point people were standing around, filming, or laughing or whispering.

"You bitch!" She said and tackled me.

"MOMMA!" Payton yelled. I pulled her hair and a whole clump came out. "My extensions!" I held the clump in my hand and waved it around. "Such a shame you're a fake." I said and shook my head. She tried grabbing it but I swiped it away. "Ah ah ahhhh" I said.

"Go to hell and take that demon with you." She screeched and pointed to my daughter.

"Gladly, but such a shame that a 4 year old is smarter than you." I said and walked away. I wasn't here for the attention, I was simply just trying to not let my kid starve. But I couldn't even do that now could I.

I walked out of the store and held Payton close to me. "Momma why does she hate me?" Payton said as she broke down in tears.

I wiped her tears and kissed her forehead. "Because you're prettier than her baby." I said and rubbed her head.

"Can we go home now momma?" I nodded and buckled her in. Although we didn't get food, my cabinets weren't bare and I could deal for tonight.

I pulled in and got Payton out. She fell asleep on the way home so I just brought her upstairs and laid her down.

I went back downstairs and saw a light on in the kitchen. I walked in and saw a note on the counter and picked it up.

'I came over for a visit today. I haven't talked to you in so long, I missed you. Anyways I found a grocery list on the table near the door and decided that I would go and get your food. Enjoy honey. I'll see you tomorrow. Or you never know I might just show up tonight.

Xx Alex'

I smiled and walked upstairs to go take a bath. As I was running the water I put the bubbles in and just laid there while the water covered me. I really needed this after this eventful day.

I heard my phone ring and went to go answer it.

"He-" "ERIKA JENNIFER I'VE BEEN STANDING OUTSIDE FOR GOD KNOWS HOW LONG LET ME IN!" I heard Alex yell.

"I'm in the bath tub." I said.

"The more the merrier now c'mon I wanna hang out." He said

"The doors unlocked you know." The line went dead and I heard the door open followed by footsteps up the stairs. I started draining the water and grabbed a towel.

"The party has arrived..." He said as he walked in and froze. "Ever heard of knocking jesus Alex.!" I laughed and wrapped a towel around myself.

"I'm gonna get changed and we can party and party hardy." I said and tapped his red cheeks.

I walked out of the room and down the stairs and I soon followed.

When I reached the bottom he hugged me. "I've missed you." He said. I smiled. "I missed you to bestie."

I know that he could sense my worry and the last that I wanted to happen tonight was crying. Meaning from me.

"I know you're worried, but it'll all get better I promise." He whispered.