8

~2 months later~

Erika

"It's Brianna should I pick it up?" Jack asked as him and Payton paused running around the house. I closed my book and shrugged.

"Well there's the fact that you're secretly seeing Payton, and then there's the fact that she's your fiancée and might be having bride troubles just two weeks before your wedding. I have no right choice for you." I said as I opened my book again.

"Hey babe!" I cringed. I hated it when he was on the phone with her. It kinda made me feel alone because while he was here I've grown to feel like she didn't exist and that we were a family. It's bad.

"Hey Erika?" I looked up at him and he looked kinda worried. "Alright alright, let me put Payton down for nap time and i'll meet you downstairs." He nodded and went towards the foyer.

"Payton!" She popped up next to me and smiled. "Boo momma did I scare you?!" I smiled and picked her up. "Lets go upstairs for nap time." She yawned and nodded.

As I reached her room she lifted her head and looked at me. "Tell daddy I said I love him." She said as I laid her down. "Of course baby." I kissed her forehead and walked out.

I made my way down the stairs to see jack tapping his foot and leaning against the wall near the door.

"Payton said she loves you." His worried look faded for just a second while he smiled big. "Tell her I love her to." He said. But his look quickly went back to the way he was before and I knew something was up.

"Jack you look like there's something wrong, are you like ok?" I said as I walked closer to him.

"Please don't walk closer." He whispered. I didn't understand. His demeanor had changed so much in just a matter of twenty minutes. He was just so happy a little while ago and now he looked almost scared.

He sighed and shook his head. He looked like he was contemplating something and I wanted to know what.

"Jack seriously. What the hell is up with you?" I said. I tried stepping closer again, but he took steps back.

"You're worrying me."

"I can't tell you, it's bad, it's really bad." He said. At this point he started wringing his hands together.

"The worst that could have happened is the fac--" he cut me off. But not with a simple hand gesture, but he kissed me, like full on kissed me....and I soon found myself kissing back.

He pulled away and looked me in my eyes. But his eyes shaded over and he frowned and looked panicked. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry! I'll go I'm gonna go. I'm leaving bye." He ran out and I stood there. Starstruck.

I put a finger to my lips and knew, a small smile was hinted on my face.

But I realized that fact that he was in a committed relationship and frowned. I ran to the living room and picked up my phone and dialed a number that has become very familiar in the last two months.

"C'mon pick up please." I said it rung. "Hello?" He said.

"What are you doing right now?" I asked as I started shaking.

"Watching a movie?" He answered.

"I need to tell you something. Can you come over." I asked.

"I'll be right over." He answered. I hung up and started pacing. This couldn't be happening.

"Erika?" I heard in the foyer. I forgot to shut the door.

"In here Alex!" I yelled. He ran in and hugged me. "What's wrong sugarplum?" He said as he rubbed my back.

"Jack kissed me." I whispered. He pulled back but kept me in his arms as he looked at me.

"You know..." He said as I started shaking more. "I hate Brianna." He said. I looked at him confused.

"Why do you hate her?" I asked as he sat me down. He was quiet for a while and looked at his hands.

"Do you want my dead honest opinion?" He said

I nodded and made him look at me. He took a deep breath and looked down. "Because he chose her over you." He said. I froze and widened my eyes.

"Can you explain?" I asked, even though I had a pretty solid idea of what he meant.

"He screwed you and left...and after he finds you and discovers he has a daughter, he's still with that slut. You're the complete opposite of her, you're genuinely beautiful, have great fashion especially in those Mickey Mouse jammmies you got there. Every time I see her she looks like she just got done fucking every guy in town. He doesn't deserve her. He deserves you and it breaks my heart that he chose her over you. And that's why I hate her. Not Jack, but her." I was shocked. But I was mostly flattered. I looked down and blushed and picked at old nail polish.

"That means a lot Alex thank you so much." He nodded and looked at me.

"I think you should call him." He said.

"He probably doesn't even want to talk to me." I said and looked down.

"Call him before I do." He said. I picked up my phone and clicked on his contact.

"Hello?" I heard him on the other end. "Umm can you come over. I think we should talk." I said.

"I umm yeah I can. I'll be over in a minute." I pressed the end button and Alex got up. "You should let me know how it goes." He kissed my forehead and walked out the door.

~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>

"You wanted to talk?" He said as he came in.

I nodded and led him to the living room. "Here come sit." I gestured. He sat and started playing with his shirt. It was quiet for a while, and kinda awkward.

"What did that kiss mean to you?" He asked. I shot my head up and looked at him.

"I was confused. I'm not gonna lie after you left I stood there starstruck with my fingers on my lips. I smiled." I said.

"Your turn." I said. He took a deep breath.

"I realized that I'm most likely marrying the wrong person." He said.

I sat there for a little while letting what he said process. "What are you going to do?" I said. He shrugged and looked at me.

"I'm gonna do it anyway." He said. My mood immediately went from hopeful to disappointed in a matter of two seconds.

"That's not what I meant." He said as he came closer.

"Then what did you mean?" I asked.

"Ssshhh you're ruining the moment." He said and kissed me.