Chapter Seven

February, 8th, 2020

Alcina

    I was walking in the garden, in my sheer white dress. I had on my nice white heels that were supplied to me from the Faerie Palace. I had my hands behind my back as I looked out into the forest. The castle was on the side of a cliff, overlooking the elven forest. About eighty miles west, you will meet the edge of the elven territory, one of the largest Kingdoms. To the south, you will come across the Dragon Kingdom. In between the Elven and Dragon territory, the werewolves prowl with aid and guidance from fairies who also live within the forest.

     I was still so far away from home. I leaned out on the ledge, taking in the sweet smell of the woods. To the East, that's where Cebrus' Kingdom rested, the kingdom that I would be going back to. I let out a sigh, resting my head on my hand.

    I thought back to my mother and father, how they screamed for me to run away from the slavers when they ransacked our house. I didn't make it out the door before one of them punched me in the gut and making me pass out.

The marking on my back started to burn. It was a diamond shape with a line going through the center, the markings of a slave. I rested my hand over the top of it, trying to sooth the imaginary pain.

    "Alcina?" Someone said my name, I slowly turned to see Xion looking at me with his hands in his pockets. He was dressed in white armor, a green shield on his back with a black sword tied to his hip.

    "Hello—" I didn't know how to address him. He was still a king, regardless of what I was or am. He walked up to me and looked over at the forest.

    "Just Xion." He rested his arms on the ledge then turned to look at me. His golden hair was in front of his face as he looked out over his forest. "What were you thinking about?"

    "Memories," I sighed and followed his actions, putting my arms on the ledge, holding up my chin.

    "Ah, memories." He lightly chuckled, "they are beautiful curses." He tucked his hair around one of his pointy ears. I didn't notice that he wore green dangling earrings till he did so. "What types of memories were you thinking about?"

    "Bad ones," I shrugged, breaking eye contact to look out at the forest again.

    "Bad ones..." His voice dragged out by the wind. "I hate those." I glanced at him to see his expression darken. My eyebrows raised, I didn't know what Xion was carrying on his shoulders, but it was a lot greater than I was.

    "Your forest," I raised an arm and pointed at the forest in front of us. "Is very beautiful." There were willows and great oaks standing tall. I heard of the whispering forest that surrounded the Elven Palace. I had always wanted to see it, yet the chance has never arisen.

    "It's not mine, alone." He didn't look at me when he said this. "It's my peoples more than my own. They do a lot of good keeping it healthy." He sighed, "sometimes I hate memories," shaking his head as if to shake the memories out of him.

    "Me too." I could still feel the dirt underneath my nails as I dragged Anna into her grave. The grave was somewhere in that Elven forest. Somewhere.

    "Xion!" I heard Sheila's vibrant voice come from behind us. We both turned to see her waving at us, her beautiful black crown draping down across her forehead, curving around her temples. She wore obsidian armor, with her signature black shield strapped to her back. The obsidian really brought out her grey eyes, she was beautiful. "Oh! Alcina!" She acknowledged me with a smile and a head nod.

    Then out of nowhere, she grabbed Xion by the collar pulling him towards her, "are you trying to skip the drills?" She glared into his eyes and instantly a smile was back on his face. It was almost entirely different from the one I had just seen.

    "You know this training thing, I don't think its meant for me," he joked. "I think I prefer to be doing paperwork. Oh! Which reminds me, I have to get on that, kingdoms don't rule themselves." He unraveled the hands around his collar and moved backward.

    Then in an instant, he turned to me, "it was good talking to you. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask." He rested a hand on my shoulder, then he looked back at Sheila. "Well, I'll be off." Then he walked past Sheila and up the white marble stairs into the castle.

     We watched him leave, "he likes you," Sheila said with a soft expression on her face as she looked back at Xion. I raised my brow, she never says the things I expect her to say. "What were you guys talking about?" She turned to me and faced me head-on.

    I shrugged, "memories," I didn't want to talk more about it. Talking with Xion had already drained me enough.

    "Ah, he has a few of those." She rested her hand on her sword. "Well, I'm off to train. We can discuss 'the plan' after lunch." She took a step but I reached out and grabbed her wrist.

    "Wait." She looked back at me with a look of surprise. "Let me come with you." I wanted to be strong. I didn't want to be protected. I wanted to be the one to kill my master.

    She smiled brightly down at me. "Sure."

    "Bad idea." Frowned Cebrus as I was tieing up my boots. "I don't like it." He was here the instant word got around that I was joining the troops for warm-ups.

     "I think its a good idea." I stood and stretched up. It was weird wearing all this armor, normally when I stole things, I wore light clothes. I walked over to him, who was standing at the door.

    "Bad idea." He said again, his eyes narrowing.

    "So, are you going to stop me?" I raised a daring brow, placing my hands on my hips. He rolled his eyes with a scoff, then he turned and opened the door for us.

     "Let's compromise." He lightly wrapped his fingers around my hand. He was in his armor which seemed to be black on black on black. Everywhere I looked I didn't see a single ounce of color. He wore his crown and a green necklace around his neck, which was the only color in sight.

    "A compromise? What for?" I questioned, not liking where this was going. I had a feeling I was going to lose and I hate losing.

    "You go, but you fight with our men." Oh, I see. He didn't like the idea of people he didn't trust fighting me.

    "No. They will go easy on me." I scoffed, looking away from him.

    He chuckled, and I glanced back at him to see a smile on his lips, "Love, we don't go easy on anyone."

Shes getting her fight on!

ms-iqvOfr.gif

How do you think she will do at training?

What do you think Xion was remembering?

Do you think Alcina's BFF will be Xion or Sheila?

COMMENT AND VOTE PWEASE