Chapter Seventeen

February 22, 2020

Cebrus

I was stuck in my office scanning through the paperwork I need to complete. I hated this part of my job, I never seemed to sit still long enough to get it all done. I leaned back in my chair. I turned around to look out the window. I wonder how Alcina is doing.

My brain fashes back to the moment she collapsed in my arms.

"Alcina?" I touched her lips they were ice cold and purple. I raised her up on my lap. "Alcina?" I called her name once more, her body began to shake making it hard for me to examine her. I brought her breath up to mine, the smell of blood and grass. The smell made my blood run cold. It was the poison Raalce, and it was created and harvested in our kingdom.

"Poison!" I shouted the loudest I've shouted in all my life. Everyone snapped their heads to me, shock in their eyes. "Get the doctors," I looked over to my advisor and he was already flying down the halls to grab someone. Everyone started to move into a state of panic.

I just rocked my mate back in forth in my arms. I didn't know what else to do. All I could do was wait. We had an hour to find our cure.

Find a cure.

It's back in the Crow Kingdom.

I stood with her in my arms. I looked down at her, brushing her hair from around her face. I couldn't let my mate die. Not like this. Not so soon. I felt myself shaking as I clutched her close and sprinted to the nearest point of exit.

I was still looking out the window when I snapped back to reality. I stood and walked closer to it. I looked up at the moon, high above these tall oak trees. It was red, blood red, as the name infers. I leaned on the window, my arms across my chest. When will this be over? I wanted to show Alcina our kingdom.

I hope she liked it. I felt a pit grow in my stomach. What if she didn't like it? We were killing machines and known for it too.

"Your majesty," My chancellor, Uulis, opened the door and peaked his head through. I nodded, signaling for him to continue, "there is no easy way to say this," I frowned, just get out with it.

"Queen Alcina," My attention was instantly peaked, what is wrong with Alcina? Did she have a relapse? I walked to the table putting a hand on my chair. "We have eight witnesses that saw Queen Alcina going into the Immortal Realm."

I was taken aback. The Immortal Realm? Hasn't that door been locked off for more than nine generations? The last time it was open was during the war of the gods.

It was openers when the gods were sneaking out to kill each other and some needed a way to hide amongst us, the mythical. Though it was closed a decade later, due to the war ending, it hasn't been opened since. I didn't think that anyone other than a god could open a portal like that. I placed my hands on my hips.

I walked over to the door, passing him. I was a man on a mission, first I would check and see if she was really gone. It's not like I don't trust my people, it's just hard to believe someone so sick just a moment ago, is well enough to challenge the immortals.

I saw her door in the distance, it was closed, as it should be. I reached the handle and placed a hand on it. I didn't want to turn it, just for the fact that there was a very high chance that the bed would be empty. I took a deep breath and opened the door. "Alcina?"

The bed was indeed empty. Hand still on the handle, I felt intense fear hit me. Okay, so she went to the Immortal Realm, how in the world am I going to get her back? Then sadness hit me, she didn't trust me enough to go along with her. I leaned up against the door. She didn't trust me. I put a hand over my eyes and relaxed against the door. What am I going to do?

What is the meaning of her leaving? Does she not like it here? I didn't know much about her, for I was too scared to pry. I didn't want to trigger another episode, like on the first night.

I knew some things about her, how she was a slave, and how those scars still run deep. Deep to the point where she thinks she always needs to be on the run from something. Even though I would protect her.

I pushed off the door. I'm sure am doing a real good job at protecting her. I almost laughed to myself. My mate has been poisoned, almost killed, almost had her nose broken, and now has ran off to the Immortal Realm.

I looked up at the person guarding her door. He was probably the first person to see her leave. He was hidden in the upper hand corner of the hallway. He saluted me, and I raised a hand, I dismissed him.

He gave me an odd look, but I looked at my clothes, which triggered something because his eyes widened before nodding. He dropped down and was off to gather my armor for me.

     Let's see, what to do now. I started walking down the hallway. I should check to see if the Immortal Realm's door was still opened.

The guard would surely understand to find me there. I turned a few corners and sure enough, the door was still opened. The painting was still there, but I could see the hole behind it. I walked up to the painting and moved it slightly to the side. It was a long tunnel, lined with blue flamed torches.

Would it be a good idea to go after her? Probably not. Could I die? Chances are very high. Do I have to go? Of course.

      I sighed to myself, turning when I heard the sounds of wings. There he was, coming back with my armor. I looked up to the two guards who were guarding the painting. They nodded to me, and I nodded back to them.

They wouldn't allow anyone else to follow after me. I grabbed my sword raised a hand to my shield, stopping him from giving it to me. I needed to be fast, that chunk of steel would just weigh me down. He strapped on some light black armor that the Winged are trained to wear.

I nodded to him and gave him a pat on his shoulder. I then turned to the tunnel.

Its time to get my mate.

Any good oldies I should listen to?

ms-sF8E3i.gif

Do you think anything bad will happen?

If so, what?

Do you think they will meet up?

Are you nervous?

COMMENT AND VOTE PWEASE