Chapter Thirty-Five

May 19th, 2020

--

Alcina

--

We walked calmly, hand in hand, towards the commotion at the entrance. I would be lying if I said I wasn't the slightest bit nervous. I felt Cebrus squeeze my hand. "I don't think you should be worried," he leaned down and gave me a kiss on the temples.

"How so?" I asked with a brow raised. "It could be our enemy at the front gate." I heard the laughing as we walked around the side of the case. The main gate still a little way off. I loved this castle, it was a sparkling black with red marble. There wasn't a tree insight on the top of this cliff, and it backed up against an ocean. It was almost impossible to penetrate.

"Do you think there would be laughing at the front gate with the werewolf king?" He said, chuckling quietly to himself. "The only relationship that would provoke laughter is," his smile glowed down at me, "the elven kingdom and the dragons."

My smile instantly perked up, I didn't have a problem with the King of Elves, Xion. Sheila also seemed to like him a lot, which means he has to be some sort of good guy. I laughed at the thought, "some sort", is an understatement.

We rounded the side again to see all the guards lined up. Sheila, Zaivinth, and Xion were stood at the top of the steps, laughing. Sheila turned her head and glanced towards us. Now we weren't alone, there were five crows following behind us. When Sheila registered who she was seeing she waved us over.

Cebrus and I slowly climbed up the red marble steps all the way up to them. Xion gave Cebrus a bear hug which made him grunt in distaste. "My, you are still so grumpy," Xion said with a smile before turning to me. "Ah, Alcina," he grabbed one of my hands and kissed the top of it. "It's good to see you in good health."

I'm sure he did it just to ruffle my mate's feathers. I thought about Xion's words, I remember that the last time we saw each other, I was poisoned, it seemed like forever ago. "It's good to see that you are safe too," I said softly, referring to the fire that raged at Maeve's castle. Or, well, what used to be Maeve's castle.

"It's lunchtime, you care to eat?" Sheila spoke up. I gave a side glance to Cebrus who shrugged in response. Even though we just ate lunch. I shrugged as well, following suit. "Alright!" Sheila smiled turning her back, her cape swishing behind her.

She's wearing a cape? My heart stopped. I looked over to Cebrus with a worried look. He looked down at me and shook his head. When someone wears a cape it means that its wartime. We just got out of a war. I nearly had a heart attack, I had just became the mate of a king, I didn't need this war right now.

We were lead to the dining hall. I sat next to Cebrus who sat to the left side of the head, where Sheila was sitting. Across from us was Xion, who sat to the right of Zaivinth. Food was brought out and placed in front of us. It was odd having someone serve me while just a little while ago I was serving them. I leaned my elbow on the table, looking out the large windows on both sides.

My life has turned upside down. When was my father, or Sheila's mother going to be in contact with me again? I needed answers, I didn't like sitting around to get it. I thought back to my days as a thief and pirate.

I had sailed on the Hultuyer for about nine months and was my first 'job' after burying Anne. I stowed away in a barrel and just ended up on the Hultuyer. We sailed around the Red Queen's kingdom, she is an insane queen who hates pirates. She doesn't get involved with political business because she doesn't really care. She has no allies, and lives on the coast.

I almost met her one time when I got captured while ransacking a village. Thank god my mates broke me out the night. I would have met the noose young. I wonder how they were all doing. I left when another person offered me an internship on the shores of Vealous. He trained me as a sister, teaching me how to steal, act, and survive.

Reedy was his name. I let out a sigh. I haven't seen him in a long time. "Alcina?" Sheila called my name. I lifted my head from my hand and look at her with shock in my eyes. How could I be thinking about my past now?

"I'm sorry." I sat up straight, "I seemed to have zoned out," I plastered a smile onto my face. I wonder if Reedy could help with this problem. He had to know where one of the keys are. He knew about everything that was being sold on the shores. I should send a letter to him, but I doubt he is in the same place.

"Oh, no worries, I just heard you sigh, is the food not to your liking?" She gave me a worried look. I shook my head.

"No, no, it's fine. I just happen to have a lot on my mind." Reedy said that he would personally kill the witch of my past with his own hands. I think that means he is on my side. But the thing with Reedy is that he was only on the side that made him money. We both didn't have family, so maybe he would make an exception for his 'sister'? I don't know. I sighed again.

"She did it again," Xion said with a chuckle. "What's on your mind, Alcina?" Xion was such a good guy. Though there was movement in the background a hideous creature, something straight from my nightmares slithered up to Sheila and whispered into her ears.

"Thank you Selven," then the creature was gone. Who in the world was that and how have I never noticed him before. "Yeah, Alcina," Sheila shifted her attention back to me.

"Ah," I couldn't tell them of my past. Cebrus didn't even know. I put on my fakest, shy smile, I did a fake glace around. "It's something to be talked about in closed doors." Their eyes widened and nodded. I think that would get them to stop prying for a little longer as I make up another lie.

Wait. Why did I need to lie to these people? They are my friends.

"Anyways," Sheila started, "Selven just told me that the Werewolf King will be here by dusk."

--

Sorry for the long wait...

:(

Would you guys like to meet Reedy?

Or would you like to meet the pirates?

Should Alcina tell them about her past?

COMMENT AND VOTE