Chapter Eleven

February 14, 2020

Cebrus

     A slave. She was a slave. My heart dropped the second the words were out of Maeve's mouth. I looked to my mate, the horrors that she had to face. Had to face without me. I clenched my hands. I looked towards Maeve again.

    She was insulting my mate. My Alcina. I took a step closer to her, and watched her eyes shoot towards me. I wanted to kill her for insulting my mate. I could kill her and start a war. I would win the war. I would get her land.

    Would that make Alcina happy? No. She wouldn't want that. I reached out a hand and pushed Maeve into the mud, to the ground where she belonged. Regardless of what my Mate was. She was now the Queen of Crows, and my lover. I will protect her and stand my her side through everything.

I told Maeve off, then looked to my mate who looked like a wounded deer. My heart plummeted, what was she thinking about? Was she sad I knew? Was she sad at herself? I was so bad with reading these emotions.

    ""You were a slave?" The words left my mouth before I could even do anything about them. Surely there was a softer way to have put it. I reached out a hand to grab her, but I withheld, I didn't know if she wanted to be touched in this moment.

She looked away from me, and up at the sky. I watched as a dove cross over the sky. It reminded me of her. My little dove, free from all the shackles of slavery. But was she? Her nightmares were surly about her life as a slave. Unless she had gone through something more horrendous.

Please gods, tell me she hadn't gone through anything worse than slavery. I thought back to all the news about slaves, anything I've heard about recently. I knew that one of the points of the treaty between the Mortal and Mythical Realm was that slavery was abolished, is that when she had left?

I watched her head bob. "Why didn't you tell me?" Once again, it was like word vomit. I used to be so good at containing my thoughts, but when it came to her. I watcher to know everything about her, and I wanted her to know everything about me. I couldn't control myself. Am I selfish? Should I contain myself? Am I making her suffer? My hands started to shake with fear.

   "Why do you need to know?" My heart froze over. She was mad. She was mad at me. I gripped my hands in front of me. I wanted to apologize, I didn't know what to apologize for. Do I apologize for the question? Which one? I'm such a fool.

"Is this going to change how you look at me?" She snapped looking at me, growling. Her eyes turning bright yellow. I didn't know if she knew, every time she got scared, or angry, her brown eyes turned bright yellow, like the raging sun. I raised my hands in defense, I was about to talk but was cut off.

"Yes, I was a slave, but that doesn't mean anything. I'm still me."

Oh.

Oh, Alcina. I would never think of you as anything but magnificent.

    "That's—" I paused and took a daring step closer, a slow, step. I didn't want her to run away from me. "That's not what I meant." I shook my head, this is the moment where I could fight my urge to hug her. "That's not what I meant at all."

     The second that she was in my arms, the world felt right, "I just—I just didn't know. Know you have gone through something like that." She pushed out of my arms.

    "I'm sure you have gone through much worse."

    That doesn't stop her pains from being painful.

     "I'm not weak, I can take it." I almost wanted to whimper, I didn't like it when she turned away from me. I had to fix this. I  wrapped my arms around her waist.

   I placed a kiss at the crook of her neck, "I think I'm saying the wrong things." I looked into her eyes. I was horrible with words. I had refused to speak even slightly until now. It was what I was known for. My silence.

     "Alcina, You are my mate, regardless of your past, or what you might do in the future." I placed a kiss on her cheek, "I love you, Alcina, you and all of your past."

    I was in my room, at the edge of my bed. It was nighttime again and Alcina ran off to do something with Sheila, leaving me to my lonesome. Is that why she screamed out in fear that night?

    Who was chasing her? I scratched my stubble, standing and walking over to my desk. I opened the drawer and drew some ink from it. I sat and placed the paper in front of me.

    I think it was time for me to call in an old debt.

Alcina

     "Okay he should be coming around the corner at any moment." It was night and Sheila and I were dressed in full black hiding high above in the hallway. It was time to get back at Zaivinth for "cheating" on Sheila.

    The golden key hung around my neck. It was given to me for safe keeping. Cebrus said that it would be best if I held it.

    The plan was simple, give him the scare of his life, or keep doing so until it finally works.

    "How are you and Cebrus getting along?" She asked, her feet and back were up against the wall and pillar, holding herself up.

     "Good. I got lucky." I said sighing, looking down the hallway to see if there was any signs of movement.

     "Lucky? How?" She asked, puzzled.

     "He's not someone who is quick to anger." I sighed sliding my back against the wall to get into a more comfortable position that wasn't so taxing on the abs. 

     "Well, maybe thats true when you're involved, but," she looked me dead in the eyes, her grey ones sparkling in the moonlight. "He is not one to be kind to people who cross him."

     "Meaning?"

     "He killed thousands, by himself, out of spike, and for the sake of a friend." Sheila looked down the hallway, "but he is the most loyal person. Almost as loyal as a dragon."

     "Loyal as a dragon? If dragons are so loyal, why are we even here?" I asked with a confused look on my face.

    She grinned a toothy grin, which glowed beautifully tonight. "I just wanted to spend some time with you. Why not have some fun while we do it." My heart bloomed. She wanted to spend time with... with me?

     I was about to open my mouth but we heard footsteps coming from down the hall. We instantly sharpened up, going into action mode.

    Though it wasn't who we expected to be walking down the hall.

    No.

    It was a shadowed figure with a dangerous blade in its hand.

    Though I could help but notice the burning sensation around me neck.

PART TWOOOO
(Happy Valentine's Day everyone!)

 —PART TWOOOO(Happy Valentine's Day everyone!)

ms-pjEH1i.gif

Who is the person with the blade?

You like Sheila and Alcinas relationship?

Who is having a good Valentine's Day?

COMMENT AND VOTE PWEASE