Chapter Nineteen

MARCH 1st, 2020

Alcina

    Ozul really did send me to hell. I started to shake in fear, I couldn't contain myself. I was staring into the cold eyes of the god of the underworld. Though this god of hell didn't look anything like I expected him to look like. He had simple brown eyes very similar to mine and black hair. He was a lot larger than I expected. A lot larger. He stood about two stories tall, hovering over me.

     "Friend?" I said with a shaky voice. I certainly didn't want to be a foe to the God of the Underworld. I heard him chuckle, I didn't understand what was funny about this situation. Personally, I thought it was terrifying.

     "Friend it is." He said as he started to shrink in size. He wore a cape and black clothing, very fitting for the God of the Underworld. "I didn't expect to see a Death Walker in my realm," He walked closer to me. I heard his shoes click on the stone floor, the sound of the river still flowing in the background.

    "A death- What?" I said puzzled, taking a defensive step back. I didn't want this god getting too close to me. He could squish me like a bug. I didn't want to die yet. I didn't escape slavery just to die like this.

He noticed my movement and frowned while he scrunched up his nose. He looked absolutely disgusted by me, or my movements, but why? This man look so familiar, I just couldn't pin point it. "Death Walker, a human shadow," he walked closer to me shrinking all the way down to my size. He held out a hand, "here," I took out my hand, letting go of the cape I didn't think I was grabbing.

     In the lighting I could see that my hand was truly like a shadow. Nothing but darkness, I was worried I didn't have a hand at all. It was just like Ozul's. "How did you get this cape, Alcina?" He turned my hand over in his palm.

I should be scared that the god of the underworld is holding my hand, but it was calming. I don't think he has any malicious intent, at least not yet. "A friend gave it to me, I'm giving it back," I looked up into his eyes, and chills shot down my spine.

His eyes narrowed, "one of your friends is a Death Walker?" He let go of my hand, and I watched it fall to my side.

"Well, the word friends could be pushing it. It's more like we can never leave each others side so we have just became actually close friends." I shrugged. "Oh!" I held out a hand onto the air. "I have a question." He gave me a puzzled look. if I'm risking my life talking to a god, I might as well make the most of it.

"I'm here to complete a task," I started and looked around me, feeling uncomfortable with the pressing gaze of this god. "But I don't know what it is."

"You don't know what it is?" He chuckled, his laugh filling up the entire cave.

"Nobody has told me, Ozul said I'd know when I get there." I placed my hands on my hips looking into his eyes once more. Challenging him.

He raised his hands, and the green flames around us grew, surrounding us completely. "You still question why you came here?" My eyes widened, and I stumbled backwards once more. Scared that he could fry me with his flames.

     My mouth made an O shape. Holy crap, I was talking to the god of the underworld, which meant I had to be somewhere in the underworld. This could mean I could steal back the goddess of the moon and get the hell out of there. But I don't have the key, so how can I get her back?

    "No." I nodded, straightening out my face. "I'm here for the goddess of the moon."

     "Senyafina?" He titled his head to the side, the smile wiped from his face. "What business do you have with her, mortal?" I knew I just stepped into unwanted territory.

    "So she's here?" I looked down my nose at him. He scoffed and nodded his head. "The over world needs her back."

    "She's repaying a debt." He said simply, his eyes trying to see what I was being up to. He tried to smile again.

     "Let me see her." Maybe we can come up with something together. I'm sure that she didn't want to be down here.

"Why should I let you see anyone?" He challenged. Fair.

"I made it down here didn't I?" I splayed my hands. "I hear that's not an easy task." He tilted his head to the side again, it seemed to be one of his reflexes.

"It's not." He frowned, he looked around. "How bad do you want to see her?" A wicked smile grew on his face. I have seen that smile before, seen it many times from a single person. My legs screamed to run but I stood planted.

"What do you want me to do?" I crossed my hands in front of myself. Hopefully it was bearable. But the world needed her back, and now. I though back to Sheila, how she is still stuck in Maeve's castle, unable to go back to her own kingdom. I had to do. Not only for me. But for Sheila, for Cebrus' people, for Xion.

My chest squeezed, I didn't like how these people have already sunk their claws into my heart. I clenched my hands, but I had to fight for them. I had to.

"Go that way," he pointed a hand over to the right side, and out of nowhere green flames made a path to the other part of the cave. "She's on the other side."

I gave him a crooked eyebrow, "what's the catch," I frowned looking back over to the other cave.

"You'll see." Then he disappeared along with the green light. The only flames left was that of the path leading into the entrance.

I would be a liar if I said I wasn't scared. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I let myself take in the sounds of the stream. I opened my eyes and I took the biggest step of my life.

    I had no idea that this adventure would change me completely, for better and for worse.

     Mostly for worse.

Following the yellow brick road!! (Or green lit road in this case)

—Following the yellow brick road!! (Or green lit road in this case)

Alcina walking into this cave^^

ms-djfoUI.gif

How many tasks do you think there are?

How is she going to get Senyafina (Weni) out?

What are the tasks?

COMMENT AND VOTE PWEASE