Chapter Twenty-Five

March 7th, 2020

Alcina

"The goddess of creation?" I gasped, "why?" The goddess of creation was the original god, along with her husband, the God of Destruction, together they created the world known today. With her children, like my 'father' and Weni.

She frowned and looked at the rose that was placed on the glass table, "She didn't like the idea of other people creating things without her permission." She sighed, taking the rose out of the glass vase. She twirled it in her fingers. She pointed the rose at me, "you aren't the only one with controlling parents." She placed it to her nose, then dipped it back into the vase. "We have them too."

I had no idea that the gods had problems as well. "Is that why- Is that why he couldn't raise me?" I didn't want to give him an excuse for leaving me to be taken care of by two different parents.

She smiled sadly and nodded, "Hun, he never wanted to watch you from a distance." It was a sad smile. "He wanted to raise you next to him." She clenched her fist. "I can't stand my mother," She growled. "I can't stand her."

"To take children away from their parents." She shook her head. "I couldn't imagine what I would do if Shelia was taken away from me." She gritted her teeth. "No, I can't simply bear that thought."

    "Wait, did you say Sheila?" I said, grabbing her arm and forcing her to look at me. "Sheila, as in Queen Sheila of the Dragons?" I liked Sheila, but I didn't think she would keep something like this from me.

She nodded, "She is my adopted daughter," she smiled lovingly at the thought of her daughter. My blood ran cold, out of jealousy. So Weni could take care of her children, while my father couldn't.

"Let's get out of here." I glared at her. I watched as her eyes widened. Then they softened to a normal form.

"Oh." She looked me in the eyes, frowning. "You have seen a lot, young one."

"You think?" I said sarcastically. "Let's go, I got places to be." I nudged her shoulder with mine. I wasn't in the mood to deal with any of this anymore. I just wanted to take a shower and lay with my mate. Not deal with family reunions and secrets that people didn't want me to hear.

"You even know where to go?" She looked at me, a Cheshire smile on her lips. I wanted to smack it off her. She snickered, "you remind me of Sheila." She shook her head in reminiscence. "Well, let's go, come, this way. I do hope you have the underworld key."

I grumbled out a yes. I did have it. Against my will, just like the other key hanging around my neck. "You're going to fix the moon right?" I asked as she leads me to a shelf with books. She reached out a hand and pushed the books to the side. Hidden from behind the books was a keyhole.

"Look, you're father made this for me." She pointed to the lock and dodged the question before entirely. "Its odd how both of our generations get along well." She held out a hand, certainly for me to place the key into her hand.

"My father made this?" I took off my key and placed it gently in her hand. "You can keep both of them." I had a feeling they would be in good hands with her.

She shook her head, "you don't know the honor of being the Key Master." She shoved the key into the door and the whole room began to shake. She kept talking but I couldn't hear her over the sound of the rumble. Soon the bookshelf moved to reveal a hole in the floor.

"After you," I said looking down at the dark hole. "I've seen this show way too many times," I spoke with dry humor. She looked at me then at the hole.

"See you down there." Then she jumped. I waited a few moments before leaning down over the side.

"Weni?" I shouted down to her and I heard her voice signal that she was fine. I groaned, I somewhat wished I didn't have to jump down another hole. I took a breath, I was starting to get a real phobia of these sort of things. After steeling myself, I looked back at the room then down at the picture still clutched tightly in my hand. "Well, might as well get this over with." Then I jumped. Again. Hopefully for the last time.

I felt my knees pop when I hit the bottom. I used my knuckles to break the fall. Then I looked up to see Weni looking down at me with a smug smile on her face. "You know I stook the landing, and I'm over a thousand years old."

"Well, I haven't had a thousand years of practice." I huffed standing up and dusting myself off.  "Let's go, or do you need to walk perfectly too?" I walked past her into the dark tunnel that hopefully leads to me to where either Ozul was or my father.

We walked in the dark for a little while. My leg was throbbing and wanting to fall off completely but I kept my spine straight. I wanted to be strong in front of Weni. Then there was the crossing of the tunnels. One led to the light, the other continued in darkness. "You go that way." She pointed to the light. "I'll continue on home."

"Where will this path lead me?" I asked, my voice finally soft.

"Where do you want to go, Alcina?" She stood right next to me. "Oh, here." She held out the keys that she forgot to give back to me. "Take good care of them will you?" She pressed her pointer finger to my forehead. "Promise, kiddo?"

I rolled my eyes, slapping her hand away. I took the keys from her other hand. I wrapped my fingers around the pulsing objects. I inwardly sighed and tied the chain back around my neck. I gave her a hard look, "I promise."

"Well, I'll leave you here. Take a shower, you reek." She held her fingers to her nose and then started to walk off.

"Wait Weni," I shouted after her, only after she was a good foot away. She turned around and looked at me with her brows raised. "Am—am I a goddess?" It's been a term that's been pressing my mind ever since I had learned my father was a god himself.

She just smiled and turned on her heels. "That's for you to find out, Alcina Ullur."

I think she should be the queen of sarcasm. I love her sass

 Do you think Alcina is a goddess?

Where does that tunnel lead?

Do you think she has changed as a person?

COMMENT AND VOTE PWEASE