ᴏᴛᴛᴏ

toby's feet hit the ground in a panic, remembering how mason pushed her off and how john retched on the plane. she couldn't stop the tears from trailing down her face, tripping over a rock and scraping her knees and right elbow. she crawled back to her feet, running quickly and sobbing. "i'm sorry," she whispered, remembering the note she'd left on her bed and wishing she'd brought a gun with her instead.

toby fell headfirst down a hill, curling up at the bottom and shaking violently. she choked on her pain, slowly crawling back to her feet and walking to the river. there was still a thin sleet of ice on it, toby walking across it carefully and choking back a sob. she wiped her eyes, jumping once and landing back on the ice.

it gave out quickly, the ice cracking under her feet. she fell into the water, the current pulling her through the water. she thrashed violently, losing the air in her lungs and having it replaced with the icy cold water. she tried to push herself up, realizing what she'd done before falling unconscious.

if you were close enough, you'd have heard the splash of the water as her unconscious body hit the rocks under the waterfall, you could hear the crack of her bones as her back morphed, the current pulling her off of the water and pulling her to land.

and she laid there, dead.

toby lyons laid on the ground of somewhere she'd never been before, dead, so she could save a friend.