ᴜɴᴅɪᴄɪ

three weeks had passed since toby lyons' family had been informed of her passing and john was standing in front of a coffin, shifting uncomfortably in his sleek black suit, staring at a girl he loved.

the sad part was, this wasn't john's first time doing this. he was standing in the same damn church, looking at an almost identical coffin, and he certainly did have a type...didn't he?

he choked out a soft, "goodbye, rocky." he whispered, caressing toby's cheek lightly before wiping a tear and walking away from the line.

toby's parents sat at their house, several of toby's good friends surrounding them as they choked up. the paper in their hands was hard in several places from water having dried on it and toby's mother finally stood. "this was a note that toby wrote for us...and some of you. dear mom, dad, john, mason, and anyone else who reads this, my name is toby lyons, i'm a girl and one of my friends fell in love with me. his name is john and i can't live with knowing he's going to die because of me. i'm stopping it right here, he'll live a long and healthy life and i'll watch over him and all of my friends. i'm in love with mason bradford but he doesn't love me back. i'm sorry, mom, because i know you'll be devastated. i'm sorry, dad, because you'll be pissed that i said i'm a girl. and i'm sorry, john, for hurting you. my name is toby lyons, and if you're reading this...i'm dead."

and the room was filled with silence until toby's father stood and ripped the paper out of her mother's hands. "he is not a fucking girl!"

"she's dead!" john snapped, staring up at toby's father with tears brimming his eyes. he couldn't take this man anymore, his daughter had just died and his only thought was that she wanted to be happy while she lived?

so john left, heading towards his mother's house with tears falling down his face and onto the ground. the sky began to fill with clouds and it was as if the whole world was crying for john keyes and his friends, again.

---

so...y'all like bts? 😊