Chapter 2

"I know you're not into bands but I have a question."

Hange looks at her blonde friend Nanaba who looked very cheerful as she tapped on the screen of her smartphone. The brunette was supposed to be busy scribbling notes for her new research but upon the arrival of her friend, she then decided that she might as well take some break once in a while.

Especially now that her best friend came by.

Showing the screen of her phone, she matched it with her giggles, "It's the No Name!"

"Oh," Hange feigned a surprised look.

She was looking at the official photo of their group; Levi standing in the middle of her and the stoic and seemingly frozen Mike, arms crossed and eyebrows furrowed while she had the wide smile on her lips.

"Why are they all covered in bandages?"

"It's their style, don't question it." She nonchalantly replied, zooming in their faces closer. "Among the three of them, which do you like the most?"

She pondered for a little bit, pretending to be thinking, "Their faces are all covered so I don't really know." It was a nervous chuckle, pointing at herself, "I like this one. She had brunette hair just like me."

"Oh! You're talking about Zoe!" Nanaba points out, bouncing a little bit on her feet, happy by her choice. "It's quite odd, you know! She had brunette hair just like you and your last name is her stage name. Talk about coincidence!"

Well, the only thing Hange finds amazing is how Nanaba never figured out the obvious fact; that the trio in the picture is literally all her closest friends, emitting Erwin and Moblit out of the portrait.

If it was her, Hange would've guessed it just from one look.

It was blatantly obvious. They didn't even change anything appearance-wise.

Hange still had her trademark messy ponytail, Mike's hairstyle is just the same as usual with his bangs parted in the middle and then Levi with his usual hairstyle that Hange calls a 'clipped hair'.

Speaking of Levi.

She then pointed at Levi, "How about this one? He looked annoyed." She snickered a little bit at a memory.

Honestly, Levi had a sour-mood the whole time they shot the photo. That poor midget doesn't really like taking pictures of himself and it was uncomfortable as hell for him. The brunette even had to hold his hand from the first try to at least ease up his nervousness.

Good thing that photo wasn't the one chosen for the cover though.

"Oh, that's Rivaille. He has a great voice." The reply was rather dull and plain.

Hange raised an eyebrow at this, "You don't like him?"

"Well, he's a great vocalist and most girls in the fandom are into him but you see..." Nanaba trailed off her finger points at the blond drummer who was just standing still, "I'm more into this guy. Zack."

The brunette could only laugh internally at the piece of information. Mike would be surely overjoyed if he'll hear about this. After a few moments of Nanaba giving praises regarding Mike, she then puts the smartphone away from the brunette.

"Sorry for disturbing you during your work, Hange." It was an apologetic smile directed at her.

She frowned at her friend and shook her head lightly, "It's fine, it's fine. Don't sweat it."

"Well then, I better get going right now?"

That was unusual. Usually, her blonde friend would drop by and spend a full hour in her lab. Thirty minutes haven't even passed yet.