3.1

THIRTY-ONE.
change of plans

🔹️🔹️🔹️

Our surroundings were surprisingly calm.. considering everything that we'd been through. The airy noise was pleasant and placid. This had only helped me to go to sleep.

☁️

I sighed as I sat down beside a large body of water. I ran my hands across the water, feeling the rush of its waves flow through my fingertips. I hadn't felt this calm in a while.. it was nice for a change.

Suddenly, the water turned cold which sent shivers down my spine. I jumped up onto my feet and stared at the water, confused. I dipped my hand back inside the water and felt how its temperature dropped drastically.

That's when its ocean blue color turned red -- it was blood. I gasped, pulling my hand away from the water as I stared down at my blood-stained hand. The sky above me shifted to a dark setting; the original peaceful atmosphere.. turned evil.

I tried to run away, but it felt as if there was some sort of a strong force pushing against my body.. urging me to stay. I growled in frustration, wanting to wake up from this horrible dream.

I turned to my last resort -- my lightsaber. I placed my hand on my belt where my lightsaber would be.. but it was gone. My eyes widened as I looked around for it, breathing heavily.

Not even a second later, I felt something bump into my foot. I looked down and saw.. my lightsaber. I quickly bent down to grab it, but something or someone had forced it away from me. As the world around me began to change into a familiar unsettling room, I saw my lightsaber fly into someone's hand.

I looked directly at the person who had summoned The Force to steal my lightsaber from me. I felt my hands tremble with anger as I recognized the man standing a few feet in front of me. This man gave me an evil grin as he spoke in a dark and deep voice.

"I've found you.. at last."

☁️

"No..!"

I gasped, my eyes shooting right open as droplets of sweat trickled down my forehead. I took a deep breath in.. the nightmare playing over and over again in my head like an unforgettable scene in a movie.

'He couldn't have found me..!' I thought to myself. 'That's impossible!'

"Adalyn," Mando asked, looking back at me from his seat. He stood up and walked over to me. "What's going on? What happened?"

I ignored Mando as I quickly checked to see if my lightsaber was still in my belt. I wanted to make sure that what happened in my dream wasn't real. I sighed in relief as my hand made contact with the lightsaber's hilt.

'So it was all inside my head.."

"S-Sorry," I replied, trembling as I placed my hands on his arms. "I just.. had a bad dream. It's nothing."

".. Are you sure?"

I nodded, calming myself down. "Yeah.."

Mando slowly made his way back to his seat, pressing some buttons on the control panel. I sighed once more as I glance over at the child, whom was sleeping soundly in his crib.

Just then, a transmission from a familiar figure interrupted the silence, filling the ship's room with his voice. I glanced over Mando's shoulder and saw that the transmission was from none other than.. Greef Karga.