An Everlasting Gift

"Ah, that was certainly a much better breakfast than normal." Commander Tran chuckles as he finds himself in the common room with Yorktown and her sisters once more. The entertainment room is taken up by Pennsylvania and Arizona amongst many other soldiers, and Lexington and Saratoga are out in the water training. "I'd head in the entertainment room but the place is chock full."

"Such is life." Hornet chuckles. "You and Yorkie got any plans later on?"

"Why do you mention her?" Commander Tran asks.

"Well, there's no battles to be fought for a long while, you oughta at least do something with all that free time!" Hornet replies.

"True, but that doesn't answer my question." Commander Tran says. "Why throw Yorktown into the conversation all of a sudden?"

"You know exactly why." Hornet replies as she winks, and her big sister buries her face in the commander's arm.

"You know you don't have to do that." Commander Tran chuckles. "She's only messing around with us."

"I know that but still... It gets me every time..." Yorktown replies, her voice muffled.

"All personnel please report to the assembly hall. I repeat all personnel please report to the assembly hall." A PA calls out as everyone starts making their way there.

"We haven't used that thing in like forever. What could the admiralty want that is this urgent?" Enterprise asks.

"How am I supposed to know?" Commander Tran chuckles as everyone makes their way to said part of the building. As soon as everyone takes a seat the admiralty emerges, and one of the rear admirals eyes the commander.

"Commander Tran? Are you somewhere within the masses?" The admiral asks, making some of the soldiers laugh as the commander stands up and walks over to the admiralty and his shipgirls watch, wondering what's happening. "You've been with us for such a long time, I still remember when you were just a young seaman."

"Time sure does fly doesn't it?" Commander Tran chuckles.

"You've fought in many battles, you've had your fair share of injuries, and you've become a very well decorated commander." The admiral says. "I think you're well overdue for a promotion." And with that Yorktown and company look at each other with glee.

"I was wondering when he would get it, after having battled for so long." Hornet and Pennsylvania chuckle to themselves.

"This soldier persevered when all odds were against him. He has fought in countless battles, each time taking home victory, and it goes without saying his forwarding of the Eagle Union's technology was indispensable to securing world peace and the reunion of the Azur Lane." The admiral says. "It's time we recognized these great feats. Commander Jack Tran, you are no longer a commander, for you are now known as a captain!" And with that everyone applauds, with Hornet whistling as the rear admirals replace former commander's old badge and shoulder boards with his new captain's insignias. When he's all swapped up the new Captain Tran turns around and takes a bow as everyone applauds again before the assembly hall clears up and Yorktown and company meet up with the new captain.

"Congratulations!" Enterprise says.

"Aww shucks, thanks girls." Captain Tran chuckles. "Well at the very least you know my first name now."

"Jack?" Yorktown asks. "Yeah you never told us, but we never bothered to know because we always referred to you as commander."

"Well at this point you can call me captain, Captain Tran, Captain Jack-" Captain Tran gets cut off by Hornet.

"-Sparrow?" Hornet says, and everyone immediately starts laughing.

"Okay that was a really funny one." Arizona says between laughs. "Captain Jack Sparrow!"

"Please don't call me that." Captain Tran chuckles. "On a second note it's been forever since I watched Pirates of The Caribbean, I need to watch that again some time."