One Last Time

"I still can't believe it." Captain Tran says as he looks at the calendar. "Today is the day." Captain Tran says as he wipes his eyes with a tissue. "Today I retire as a captain and leave the base..."

"I still can't believe it either." Pennsylvania says as she and Arizona look at that same calendar. "Do you have anything planned after you retire?"

"I've got a few things." Captain Tran replies. "I can always go back to my old hobby of writing, and if I need just a few more dollars I can probably find myself a part time job if I can do it. Otherwise I don't have too much in plan. I just want to live my life peacefully."

"And I can definitely understand that." Arizona says. "Gonna find yourself a quiet home in the suburbs or something like that?"

"Probably." Captain Tran replies as he and the two battleships head to the common room where the other girls are waiting for him.

"I still can't believe it." Saratoga says. "You're retiring today."

"Yeah." Captain Tran replies. "I've done my duty as a soldier, and today marks the day I go home to the suburbs. I wonder what they'll do with my flagship."

"I doubt anything is going to happen to it." Enterprise chuckles. "At this rate with the war over it'll probably be just sitting in the docks looking pretty, probably rechristened something else with your battle experience."

"I'm not sure if USS Tran rolls off the tongue that well, especially for a battleship." Captain Tran chuckles, and it's not long before the girls all end up in a laughing fit. "But still, I've got boxes to pack into the jeep before I head to the airport. Think you girls can give me a hand?"

"You already need a cane. I don't think you need to carry anything more." Lexington giggles as she and the girls take the boxes and put them in the back of the jeep that will take the captain to the airport, and when all is said and done, a total of six boxes have been tied down in the back.

"Wow, I didn't think that there would be that many." Captain Tran chuckles.

"I think half of it is memorabilia and the other half is gifts that the soldiers have given you." Enterprise says. "Now what do you say we all get a big group picture together? One of the soldiers decided to give me one of those instant cameras as a gift and I guess it's time to put it to use."

"But who's going to take the picture?" Captain Tran asks.

"Leave it to me son." A voice calls out, and the group turns to see a very happy admiral approaching them. "You girls look like you've won the lottery with this guy."

"We sure have, especially big sis here." Hornet chuckles.

"I'll take that picture for you all." The admiral says as the captain gets with his girls and does a cute pose with Yorktown as the two sling an arm around one another and hold hands. The admiral gives a second for everyone to adjust before he takes two pictures, one for the captain and another for the girls, and they come out just as they all expected.

"You two are the absolute cutest!" Hornet says. "It's a shame that we won't be able to get any more pictures."

"I'm sure you've taken enough on that other camera." Yorktown giggles.

"It was an honor to command you girls." Captain Tran says.

"May we all say the same." Enterprise replies.

"Well son, it's time for you to go." The admiral says.

"Indeed it is." Captain Tran says. "Goodbye my friends. Goodbye... Yorktown." And with that the girls take turns giving a tender hug to the commander, with Yorktown being the last one.

"I'm going to miss you so much." Yorktown says, but before the two let go the captain gently kisses Yorktown's hand, surprising her before the captain hops onto the jeep and the admiral drives off with the girls simply watching as the jeep slowly vanishes.