Boxes On Top Of Boxes

The years flew by like seconds and before the captain knew it, he was on his last year of service before he retires. The girls had helped him pack up some of his stuff for when he eventually goes back into the civil community, a small group of boxes just in the corner of his quarters and ready to be moved out.

"Time flies by so quickly." Captain Tran chuckles as he finds himself with the admiralty regarding his retirement pay.

"You are without doubt an irreplaceable soldier." The rear admirals say to the captain. "You've helped us make substantial technical and tactical progress, and you're just overall well loved. It'll be a shame to see you go."

"It'll be a shame indeed." Captain Tran replies. "I can't believe over 34 years have passed since I was first a seaman."

"You've been around long enough to be under the command of two admirals." The admiral chuckles as he produces a picture of the captain when he was just a young seaman amongst the many others and the old admiral before he retired. The admiral then procures another, more recent picture of the whole navy with Captain Tran out in the front, with his shipgirls on either side of him and down on one knee so they don't block the others. "In one year you'll be leaving this base. We all hope that you live a long, peaceful life."

"I think we're all hoping. Not just you guys, but the girls as well." Captain Tran replies.

"Of course how could we forget how close you are to the girls." The admiral chuckles. "I never thought I would see another girl with an oath ring until you came around and gave it to Yorktown. She really means something to you doesn't she?"

"She does." Captain Tran says. "I'm just glad she and Hornet made it through. I couldn't imagine how bad that would have impacted Enterprise had they not made it that day."

"Yeah, we got really lucky with them. Others though, sadly were not as lucky as them." The admiral replies. "You almost didn't survive a few times as well."

"I know." Captain Tran says, remembering how close he was to drowning if it hadn't been for Dido catching him, and how he may have very well worked himself to death on a few occasions when he was still a commander.

"Your records show that in the past you've been through hell and back, but it's made you all the stronger." The rear admirals say. "We're proud of you. You'll definitely be remembered among us, especially among the girls."

"When I finish speaking, there will probably be a few more boxes for you to carry." The admiral chuckles. "Soldier, you are dismissed." He says softly as the captain slowly leaves the room and he meets up with Yorktown in the common room.

"Thanks for helping me pack those up." Captain Tran says to Yorktown.

"There are actually a few more that some of the others gave you as memory." Yorktown replies.

"The admiral was expecting that." Captain Tran chuckles. "Have your sisters thought about getting any gifts?"

"Surprisingly no." Yorktown giggles. "Despite all of their teasing and saying how we already acted like a married couple before they decided not to get any gifts, or maybe that's what's in the extra boxes. I haven't cared to look."

"Well, whatever they've packed, I'll be happy." Captain Tran replies. "I think I'm getting a spot in the navy's hall of fame according to the admiral. That could be just my imagination as well but even then, I know you and the other girls will remember me."

"How could I forget the one that showered me with love and affection when I needed it most?" Yorktown giggles as she flashes her oath ring.