CHAPTER 1

Leo sat at the head of the table. The zodiac signs were in attendance. Each sat at their respective seats in accordance with their number. Cancer and Virgo sat on his either side. The ZODIAC was a secret organisation dedicated to obtaining knowledge for safety of mankind or so they said. It's location was unclear,but then again the only people who knew of it were currently in that room.

"We have a problem,"Leo's cool voice broke the silence,"Agent Pisces would you care to illuminate?"

"Indeed,I would,"A hologram of the wheel appeared on the table at her command. Her brisk voice carried across the table as she narrated the incident.

"We have to find the key to open this Wheel of Zodiac." Her explanation finished,she sunk into her chair, viewing the other's faces for their reaction. It was futile for all of the faces were hidden by a zodiac mask. There were twelve of them. No one else was included. Treason was something that couldn't be risked and the twelve of them had time and again proven to be trustworthy.

Imagine,a huge building about the size of the Empire State building, empty except for weapons and the twelve agents. Their leader changed every other year and Leo was their leader for the time being.

Their leader was selected by the Wheel of Zodiac 2.0. The original one had been lost for ages and had been retrieved recently. The Wheel of Zodiac dictated their actions and was the prime reason they were all gathered in this room.

It would make quite a story,as Agent Sagittarius would tell you,i.e if she could. They were sworn to secrecy. Their real names were not known,not even to each other. They only knew each other's agent names. The only person or rather relic that was privy to that was The Wheel of Zodiac.

"So what should be our course of action,Boss?" Agent Sagittarius spoke up. You could have mistaken her for Harley Quinn, with her rainbow dyed blond hair if not for her Sagittarius mask and her rather sane demaneour.

Leo leant back in his chair. They were forbidden to marry or to be involved in any kind of romantic affair. It was so that they would not be distracted in carrying out their tasks.

"We would have to figure out where it is i.e the key. If this would have been a cipher then it would have been a different matter. Now for the key." Leo swivelled his chair back and pointed to the screen behind them.

"I have narrowed it down to four locations." He spoke. "However they are extremely remote ones. This can be dangerous than any of our other missions." This led to profound silence as each Agent digested the difficulty of their current mission.

Finally,Agent Aquarius spoke up,"So are we going to do it together,one location at a time or..?"

Leo looked at her and said,"No. We are going to split up. Time is of the essence. Agent Gemini, would you be so kind as to show us your recent findings?"

Gemini stood up,her long brown hair falling to her waist. She summoned a hologram and started speaking,

"We have received intelligence that the Seven Deadly Sins are on the move again. They are scouring the world for the Zodiac key, which will help them to commit indescribable acts of enormous destruction. They have grown deadlier than the last time and are determined to retrieve the key,by hook or by crook."

"That's worrying,"Taurus spoke up.

"Don't worry,we will be fine if we have our mind set on the goal." Libra said.

"Of course, of course,"Pisces cut her monologue short just as Leo spoke up, again,"So, everyone. Let's conclude the meeting here. Next meeting will be tomorrow at the exact same time. Pray set your devices to it."

Said devices were attached to each agent's neck and locked their memories of ZODIAC when required. This was to ensure safety and avoid security leaks. It was to be set at the time when it required to be switched on again when the agents would have to remember their job.  Other times they led pretty normal lives.

After the setting was done,they went out of the door together and the device locked their memories just as they said goodbye and went their individual ways.

A cool wind blew as the birds twittered.