CHAPTER 2

Sagittarius wasn't really that fond of her current life. She wanted independence, strived to travel but here she was stuck teaching students history and the most interesting thing(according to them) about her was her rainbow dyed blond hair. She couldn't really understand why they didn't like to study history. Like was was wrong with studying about the Indus Valley Civilization? Or the Egyptian Civilization? She went to her living room in her shared apartment. Her flatmate had already gone to sleep and she could hear her snores from the living room. She sighed as she lugged her own bag up to her room which consisted of an old bed with a cracked mattress and a broken headlamp. The floor was littered with books and a suitcase kept in the corner was bursting with clothes. Yeah,she was running low on funds. She flipped down on the bed without changing and stared at the ceiling, imagining a sky full of stars to be there.

In her mind's eye she saw her Zodiac sign Sagittarius flare brightly against the night sky. It stirred an unknown thrill inside her and for a moment she allowed herself to think that she was a super secret agent with cool magical powers on a super secret mission and generally doing awesome stuff. Her flatmate's snoring was rhythmic and her attention soon turned to it as she began contemplating how to shut her up. She fell asleep in the middle of her contemplations and dreamed that she was 13 again and was having a great time in Hogwarts. She was 28 now but let's be honest,there are only so few people who doesn't want to go to Hogwarts after they have read Harry Potter?

Leo stared blankly at his Persian rug in his manor. The manor was empty,he being its only resident. It was his ancestral manor,he had inherited it when his parents had passed away. The walls were covered with trapestry dating back to the 16th century. He had had the freedom to customise his ceiling though which contained the constellations of the 12 Zodiac signs painted on it. He had this weird obsession with the Zodiac and the ceiling was the result along with the bookshelf full of books on the same matter. He was truly alone. A solitary hunter. The Solitary Reaper. A smile tugged at the edges of his lips as if he had thought of something that had amused him. His blond hair was cropped short and his yellow eyes radiated a cool calculativeness that made him seem quite attractive. His features were striking and he looked a business man with a Sherlock twist. His entire demaneour screamed,"I have come to bargain,"(pun totally not intended) whenever things did not go his way.

He was one of those men who you would always find immaculately dressed up,no matter the occasion. He was the director of the Rene Incorporated, which was the leading company in electronics. He was quite known for his mysterious disappearances and reappearances the details of which he never disclosed to anyone. This had led to a rumour chain which proclaimed that he went on secret dates, because he waved away anyone who tried to so much as to playfully flirt with him. Truth be told,he did not remember anything after said trips were over which led him to say that he wasn't going to tell a thing. For if he said that he did not remember anything, people would call him mad and an amnesiac and he would be compromised to the public. No thanks he did not require that.

Gemini was not really very happy with the movie she was doing. The plot itself was not that bad but the problem was with the stuck up attitudes of her co-actors. They acted like they knew everything and shouted at the director when she tried to correct them. Their acting skills were great, which only helped to boost their arrogance. If arrogance was a currency then they have enough money to build a house out of it and still save some to fill a swimming pool and buy 14 islands. She felt like punching their faces but bit her lip and smiled flatteringly,a complete opposite of what she felt.

She was playing the envious sister of the hero in this film. It was so much easier to play when she really hated him for real. The emotions were so real that at the end of the day the director had said,"You should get an Oscar for this." She had merely given him a questioning look through her purple eyes and smiled in a crooked manner. She was really not gonna tell him to fire the hero. Really,really not.

Pisces huffed as she cleared the last of the plates away. Working as a waitress was not an ideal job but she atleast managed to scrape a living and that was good enough. This was what she would tell herself every night before going to sleep and dream of stars.

Aquarius suddenly felt an itch in the back of her head. As she reached out to scratch it,it disappeared and she felt an uncontrollable impulse to put her headphones down(which had been playing Taylor Swift songs) and get into her clothes. Unable to resist she did so and the same impulse guided her towards the ZODIAC building. It loomed large over it's surroundings (a stretch of valleys,from inside), though no one but the selected 12 ever saw it.

Aries's red mask hid the scratches he had gotten from a particularly aggressive display of annoyance from his neighbour's cat on his face. In the cat's defence,he had irritated her until she felt compelled to swipe him away. Cats were lovely creatures that you wanted to cuddle but would scratch you the instant you annoyed it, especially if you were a stranger.

Capricorn whistled to lighten everyone's spirits up at the meeting room as they waited for Leo and Sagittarius to arrive. They were usually the last to arrive so that was not too surprising.

Predictably,Leo and Sagittarius entered the room together and took their respective seats. The Wheel of Zodiac 2.0 loomed ominously over them.

Leo spoke,"Let the meeting begin."