CHAPTER 9

Pisces,Scorpio and Cancer were cautiously making their way to where Leo's helicopter was supposed to be. They were in a foreign terrain. And they were to go to the Amazon rainforest unnoticed. They were watching anxiously for any signs of Leo's helicopter which would give them a ride there which would avoid unnecessary trouble from the authorities.

The coordinates was in Brasilisa and somewhere near the airport. But luck was not with them. As they approached the area,a bullet wheezed past Scorpio's head,inches away from her cheek. She ducked and spun around, trying to find the shooter. Beside her,Pisces murmured,"If they want to get the key, wouldn't it be wiser for them to just follow us and them pounce on us when we actually have it. I can't understand their game plan."

There was no one to be seen behind them. But that didn't mean that no one was behind them. They could easily be invisible. Invisibility fibre made clothes were all the rage among secret spy organizations nowadays. Cancer scowled,"Whatever it is,we have got to get the key ourselves and stay alive. They are a bunch of savages,so of course they won't have any brains."

Pisces frowned and shook her head as she tried to concentrate on the area. Suddenly she saw a bullet heading straight for her face in slow motion. She ducked and the bullet whooshed away,inches above her. She was saved only due to her fast reflexes. Her concentration broken,their assilant disappeared again from their sight.

Cancer gritted his teeth. On one hand,they needed to run to get away,on the other hand,if they turned their backs,they could be shot. And the assilant wasn't making any noise that they could pick up. They could detect sound the best and the soundless nature of their attacker wasn't helping.

In a dark room,machines were kept,their rotators wheezing. The room wasn't entirely without light for a fluorescent lighting could be seen, making the previously mentioned machines visible. A back of a man in a white lab coat could be seen. He was hunched over a table,test tubes littered about.

Scorpio frowned and held her hands out, palm facing upwards. Her mask started glowing and she lifted her hands up and made her palms face outward. Pisces and Cancer moved to guard her as she tried to find their attacker with the help of echolocation.

Just then another bullet came rushing towards them. Scorpio had gotten close enough to guessing the location of her/him. She had to duck to save her heart from a hole and therefore her concentration broke again. However she had guessed her general location and whispered,"Run as I tell you to."

Cancer and Pisces nodded and Scorpio took a stick which was lying nearby and threw it hard at what seemed thin air. But it wasn't and the stick seemed to hit someone and a feminine cry of pain could be heard. Guess that their attacker's reflexes weren't that good. Cancer chucked a brick at the same place where Scorpio had thrown her stick and they ran,or rather jumped over the car which happened to be behind them. As soon as they landed on the other side,the sound of shattering glass could be heard and they started running as fast as they could to the helicopter.

A cry of outrage could be heard from the car driver and Pisces felt really sorry. However they had no time to be sorry as they were currently running for their lives.

It was do or die.

Fight or flight.

The helicopter was thankfully hovering over the park,more or less invisible but they could sense it. Another bullet wheezed past them, grazing Cancer's cheek. Blood dripped from the wound as he gritted his teeth to not cry out. The helicopter was a 100 yards away now.

Scorpio was wondering whether their shooter was only interested in shooting at them. Because it didn't seem like she was that interested in doing something else. Hired to shoot.

They ran towards the helicopter which had opened it's hatch and a ladder dropped from it. They clambered into the ladder just as another bullet hit the lower rung of the ladder. Cancer took another brick and hurtled it in the direction of the bullet. Scorpio and Pisces were the first to get on and Cancer got on after that,but not before throwing another brick at the same point. It missed, obviously but it did not really matter as long as they were alive.

Scorpio took the pilot's seat and Cancer shut the door. Pisces flopped down on the co-pilot's seat as they took off into the air. The clouds looked like pearls in the ocean that was the sky.

Most unlike the work they had in hand.

Which was most bloody,most fiery and most terrible.

Cancer said, softly,"May the odds ever be in our favor."

Pisces joined her hands as if praying and said,"Let there be light."

Scorpio snorted as they cleared the clouds and were off to the Amazon rainforest.

He licked his lips as he watched the agents. The beasts behind him were growing restless. Now was not the time to act. Now was the testing phase. The final phase was still left.

The Final Problem.