CHAPTER 13

I wouldn't treat you all to yet another romanticism of the sky and death so you can rest in peace. Pisces, Scorpio and Cancer was probably the only group whose coordination was the best.

Cancer had bandaged up his wound and it had more or less been reduced to a mere scratch. Enhanced healing rocked. He was in a foul mood though,what with all the running and meaningless attacks and the cut on his cheek. He was gazing out, looking like the perfect emo teen, expect for the fact that he wasn't one. His violent orange hair was messed up with him running his hands through it as an attempt to cool himself down. Whether or not that worked,it was up to him to decide but seeing that he didn't shout at anyone out of the blue,it was safe to assume that it was working enough. His frosty blue eyes scanned the forest as Scorpio looked for a clearing in it.

Scorpio's platinum blonde hair glistened in the sunlight and her grey eyes were concentrated on the matter at hand,that is, finding the right place.

Cancer looked up at the ceiling of the 'copter as he wondered(not for the first time) what was the Wheel of Zodiac 2.0's motive and who was controlling or had set the controls of it. By far they knew nothing. But this was a bit frustrating, doing things blindly. He however did not voice his opinions unlike Sagittarius who would never leave the chance to question everything she could. He calculated his moves, to time them well. He knew a lot more than he showed and thought and questioned a lot more than he spoke. People who called him a two-faced snake would end up being called foolish by him. The only one who had an inkling of his true nature was Scorpio,for she was always paranoid of one thing or the other.

Pisces fiddled with her hair, making it into a braid and opening it again,only to tie it up in a ponytail and then a bun and this went on. Cancer was having quite a lot of fun looking at Pisces because she looked like a live "5 minutes crafts" 's makeup tutorial video and it was quite amusing to observe her as it is.

Pisces finally caught him staring at her with a crooked grin, and said,"What is so funny here?"

It was not Cancer who answered however but Scorpio from the pilot's seat.

"It's obvious that you are nervous and Cancer finds it funny and is prolly testing his knowledge on different hairstyles."

Pisces and Cancer looked at her blankly and she lifted an eyebrow which was visible in the mirror above her face.

"What?"

The other two collectively shook their heads, knowing that their words would not effect Scorpio's "I am the wannabe Holmes of this generation" nature.

Pisces merely said,"The frailty of genius is that it craves recognition."

She earned a death glare for that as Cancer started quietly chuckling in his place. Pisces resorted to rolling her eyes and staring outside.

After sometime,Scorpio said,"I believe that we have found our clearing people."

"Have we now?" Cancer said as he came over to see.

Being tall had never been more helpful,Pisces decided as she stood behind Cancer and Scorpio to see her clearing.

It was a grassy green area with the usual amount of undergrowth and the trees not clustered here as the other parts.

"People,put on your seatbelts,we are about to land,"said Scorpio impersonating a pilot. Pisces rolled her eyes again and Cancer chuckled. Both of them however put on said seatbelts.

Scorpio pulled a lever down as the helicopter slowly began to descend. She pulled out of the dive quickly enough and they landed smoothly on the ground. They heaved a deep breath and unfastened their seatbelts. Scorpio opened the doors and they dismounted,taking in the beauty of the Amazon Rainforest,the biggest rainforest in the world. They could hear the river nearby so they hadn't landed too far from the Amazon river.

It was a bit shocking to think that this is the rainforest that they had been taught about in school. That this was the rainforest whose layered diagrams they had painstakingly completed for the sake of marks in Geography. The trees were exactly as described,huge,shadowy with dense foliage. They felt tiny in comparison to the huge trees surrounding them.

They were broken from their musings however by a rustling. Scorpio immediately pointed her gun at it,lest it be an enemy. Pisces put her hand on Scorpio's tensed shoulders as Cancer walked stealthily forward to check what the matter was. He approached the bush slowly but steadily. When he got close enough he took a branch lying on the ground and poked the bush with it. No more rustling could be heard. He frowned and probed deeper with the stick but it yielded no results.

Still frowning he came back to the others.

Scorpio began speaking rapidly,"Whoever or whatever it is might have disappeared and there is no guarantee that they won't appear again. We must calculate our every move and always keep a watch out so that no harm befalls anyone here. The person or thing could easily belong to our enemies and we all know that it would be disastrous if the key went to their hands."

Cancer put a hand on her other shoulder and said,"Yeah,we all get it,Scorp,chillax."

Scorpio took a deep breath and abandoned her ready-to-fight stance and eased herself into a casual one.

"Yeah. And I am speaking for the safety of the team. Please don't take this as offensive."

The others couldn't discern whether the last sentence was sarcasm or not.

Nor could Scorpio, thinking back on it.