CHAPTER 19

The thing is, even though Leo, Sagittarius and Aries had been delayed for a while, they weren't too behind, because they had direct access to Leo's stuff, being in the team. Sagittarius had left her hair free, having lost the rubber band in the shipwreck, and the long hair was making her sweaty neck itch.

Aries had a frown on his face as Leo called his helicopter, which prompted Sagittarius to ask why he hadn't done that before to which she got a vague reply of, "It had been kept as a last resort, for emergency, y'know." This frustrated her to no end. If there was anything that she hated the most, then that was vague answers.

Aries's frown grew deeper as he wondered exactly what the matter was.

"I swear if you say that it was an experiment Leo, I will murder you," Sagittarius grumbled.

Aries didn't comment though what Sagittarius had said didn't sound too unlikely. He kept that to himself, though, the last thing he needed was a fight.

He decided to scroll through the news, to see what everyone was saying about the shipwreck.

"Unrecognised ship found having suffered a bomb blast in the Atlantic Ocean, a bit away from the Boston Harbour."

This wasn't too surprising, they had to just see to it that the shipwreck wasn't traced back to them. But luck wasn't on their side.

"The logo of Rene Incorporated has been salvaged from the shipwreck, leading to people speculating about the possibilities of its head being involved in this. He has been reported missing for the last twenty four hours and there has been no trace of him, expect for the photo of him with his assumed girlfriend at a park, which disappeared a few minutes later and doesn't offer concrete evidence.

The reasons for his disappearance could be many, but people are afraid......"

Aries shut the tab with frustration. Sagittarius, who had been reading it over his shoulder, looked at him, an eyebrow raised. Leo had a wry expression on his face that said that he had glimpsed snatches of it as well. Aries shrugged as the copter came into view.

The ladder hung down, Sagittarius grabbed it and started climbing up, as the hairs on her neck stood up, and she paused, biting her bottom lip before continuing. Aries went next and Leo stood on the bottom rung as it contracted into the plane. Drama King.

Sagittarius sat down beside the window, as Leo and Aries argued for the driver's seat. Men. She starting commentating sarcastically in her mind about it, as Leo finally won it, leading to a sullen Aries sitting down beside Sagittarius. The cheeky smile that she offered and the smug looked on Leo's face made him scowl.

"Don't look so smug mister, I saved your ass from certain death," he began, "And I didn't even get a thank you. Rude."

Sagittarius smacked him.

"We saved his ass because he is a teammate and it does not do well to lose one in a team."

"Besides," Leo said from his position, "Who saved YOURS in London?"

Aries scowled.

"Debt repayed."

There was no more conversation in the helicopter as they made their way to the deserted island. Sagittarius began brainstorming on why Leo hadn't deployed his helicopter at first, leading to an internal debate in her mind.

The light revealed the seven ghastly creatures, who look like they had come from the realm of hell itself. Their genders were distinguishable, but otherwise all bore yellowed fangs and glowing red eyes.

A red fiery symbol glowed on their chests, marking them forever.

"The tests have succeeded, the targets are being tracked down as we speak, and I need you to do a job," the man proclaimed.

His facial features couldn't be made out much in the sun lighting but whatever could be seen was that he had sharply cut features, and a tousle of black hair perched on his head.

An attendant came in carrying another man in a labcoat.

Said man glared at him, which only served to broaden his smile.

He motioned the attendant to leave as the man in the lab coat straightened up.

He observed him coolly and asked, "So, I see that your model X11 have been successful enough in their functions."

The other one watched him with trepidation.

"However, they did nothing to the agents, but that's not my primary concern."

"Then what is?" Mr. Labcoat asked, trying to sound like he wasn't intimidated by him.

"They haven't found the key yet."

He said as if, the numerous obstacles they had faced shouldn't have slowed them down a bit.

"How interesting," Mr. Labcoat muttered.

"Yes it is," the other one answered absentmindedly, "We might or might not have a rival. Why else would that darned wheel suddenly decide that it was time?"

Mr. Labcoat gulped, the thought of a rival as deadly as theirs was a bit frightening.

"So, what are we to do about them?" He asked finally.

"Why, eliminate them," was the answer he got as he heard sounds of whirring and groaning of metal as a button was pushed down.

They had more opposition than they had previously assumed.