Chapter 9: Home

Chapter 9: Home.

"Momma! You're hurting my hand!" six year old Misaki whined tugging at her hand that was in her mom's grip.

"Oh! I'm sorry honey." 20 year old Naru said and released her hand, Misaki frowned.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"We're going to my home."
"Snow?"
"No, my original home honey." she said and let out a shaky breath, Jiraiya put his hand on her shoulder, she looked at him.

"It's okay." he said, she snorted.

"Easy for you to say." she said, he chuckled and ruffled her hair gently making her grumble slightly.

They walked up to the large tan, red and green gates in front of them and inside was the busy streets of Konoha, Naru gulped and bent down grabbed Misaki's shoulders.

"Misaki, listen to me…" she said, she blinked. "Don't leave my side no matter what, do you understand?"
"Yes momma." she said and smiled, Naru sighed and kissed her head and stood up then took Misaki's hand again and walked in, they slid through the crowd quickly, Naru glanced around at the people, a few whispered, she sighed and held Misaki closer.

They walked into the building and up the stairs, Naru peeked around the corner.

"Mom, if this is your home why are you sneaking around?" Misaki asked, Jiraiya chuckled and Naru gave him a small glare.

"Hush." she said and walked into the hall and stopped at the green door and smiled gently, she knocked on it and waited.

"Come in." an old voice said, Naru smiled and walked in, Naru looked at the even older looking Sarutobi sitting at his desk writing. "Yes?" he asked while still writing, he glanced up and gasped, his eyes widened.

"N...Naru?" he asked standing, she smiled and nodded, he got up and hugged her, she smiled and returned it blinking back tears, he pulled back and gripped her shoulders. "Are you back?" he asked.

"Yes." she said and smiled, he looked at the little girl standing there, her long blue-black hair pulling into two pigtails, she looked at him blinking her bright purple eyes.

"Is this little Misaki?" he asked.

"How do you know me?" she asked, Naru flicked her ear gently, she whined.

"Be nice." she said, Misaki slunk.

"Hello." Sarutobi said with a chuckle.

"Hi." she said with a smile.

"How old are you?" he asked.

"6." she said holding her fingers up.

"Wow." he said with a smile, he looked at Naru, Naru sighed and gulped.