Radleigh Vesarius Riego

"Don't test my patience, little girl."

"Yes, I know. You know things. You will learn how to cook and clean. Damn, why are we fighting over these petty things..."

"I might be demanding but I don't look down on you, Zari."

"You're pretty, too bad you're a brat."

"Twenty first century women are independent. They might not have enough time to do the household chores, but I'm sure they know how. And you speak like you're a woman. You're just a little girl."

"If we get married, I'll make it work."

"I will be happy with you. I will make you happy with everything that I got... I will promise you everything."

"Hell, I don't care what I lose just so I can give you peace of mind."

"Did you want me to bother you while you were studying abroad?"

"I have memorized your speech to me. I played it over and over in my mind just to remind myself."

"Come back now... And will never leave again."

"Do you know how it feels to see you being taken away from me?"

"You'd never get away again, baby. I'll make sure of that."

"Baby... I won't let you go. Hear that, Zari? Hmm?"

"I'm too young to be your sugar daddy."

"Should've jailed you on the island, eh?"

"That was making love, Zari. That wasn't fuck. But I can do both... if only you'd ask."

"I hate being jealous.
Leave with me, baby. Let's go home..."

"You're never slipping away from me again."

"Try and do this again, I will damn kidnap you."

"I have only ever loved you... And I doubt I will be in love with another girl in this lifetime, baby. Unless it's our daughter."

"And... I'm the innocent man, lost in the woods. Trying to go home and live a simple and happy life. The witch has cast her spell on me... I'm trapped."

"It took me one day to recover from the biggest hangover of my life. I got drunk to forget that, Zari. But... I couldn't."

"Kung alam ko lang... na tatanggi ka, noon. Sana pinilit ko na lang ang sarili kong h'wag magtampo. Sana... pinatawad na lang kita agad. I'd probably never lose you if I didn't think about the kiss."

"Screw success if that means you'll leave."

"I will burn happily, baby..."

"I believe in you so much, Zari."

"I just want you to know that I'll support whatever you want to do. Except for leaving me. Remember that."

"You are good, Zari. What my opinion doesn't matter to you is beyond me... Baby, hush..."

"Zari, it is what I want to do. I will defend you with all I got. Please, this is not a big deal..."

"I will try to understand, please, baby..."

"Then, what about me? I need you..."

"Why can't you marry me? Make me understand."

"I don't see the better part of this when I feel so fucked up everyday without you."

"I don't want anything of my life before you, Zari..."

"The most important opinion is your opinion. Why you're spending so much time thinking about the opinion of others is really beyond me, Zari."

"I was so willing to work hard for you. To provide for you. And our future children!"

"Kung sasaya pala ako, bakit hindi ko na lang pinakasalan ang iba?"

"Don't worry, I'll make sure everyone will know that you're marrying me because you're this crazy over me."

"I want to talk to you in a place where you can't run away."

"I want our marriage. That's the ransom."

"For the third time, Zariyah Isla Leviste... Will you... finally... marry me?"

"I don't let my parents meddle with my personal life, Zari."

"It is easy to spend time with women and not get attached. But for Zari, I feel like I should meddle with every decision and events she's going through. I can't keep my opinions to myself. I can't let her do everything alone. I want to be involved. I want to always be in front of her everything. I want to be attached."

"I worked hard for these for my future. And that future is her. I worked hard for her. I have this money right now for her so I don't think it is bad to share it with her."

"Our grandfather clearly taught us how not to rely on our parents. How it is important to create our own name."

"I have lost the ability to love. In fact, I feel like everything that happened before was just a part of my imagination. The way I treated Zari, the way I felt that attraction, the way I think I fell, all of it... pakiramdam ko imahinasyon o panaginip lang. That it won't come again. That the reality is this- we won't find that kind of happiness. If we did, it will be shortlived. If we did, it won't last."

"And I let her go because it was a personal thing for her. I hoped but I didn't push it too much. I know that when I do, I'll lose her even more. I let her go because that's what I should do- respect her decision. Respect the changes she wants. If maturity will demand my absence, even if it doesn't make sense to me, I need to suck it up. Frustrating but it is the only way to love. To adore from afar. To let go and let her grow. To just accept that the changes she wants are the change that will not include me. God, I sound like a saint even to my own ears!"

"If ever... I would again get drawn with her right now, I will do everything to keep her."

"Her soul loves freedom. She'd want nothing to do with me. She'd want no strings with me while I try to keep her from flying away. While I want her all tied up with me. While I don't want freedom from her. We're opposites. How can I give her space and make her come back to me at the end of the day?"

"To want so bad to get away from me is an insult. But instead of being angry, all i can do is stare at her. I want to ser her free so bad. To give in to her whim. To give in to her wishes. To give her everything that she wants. But I'm afraid I can't do that right now. Kung delikadong pakawalan siya, titiisin kong makita siyang nahihirapan."

"Damn! Baby, please, please, fall in love with me. Surrender and let me love you my way."

"It's like a dead part of my heart resurrected when I saw her again. Like I came back to life when I heard her voice."

"A weak Zariyah Leviste is my only weakness. A crying Zariyah Leviste will be my death."

"I want to be the one who'll spoil her. I want her to learn, but I'd always end up spoiling her."

"All my acquired assets are mine. And all your assets are... mine. All that yours are mine. Including your lips, your legs, your eyes, your bed, your everything."

"I can't seem to get enough with her. I didn't know she'd be this hot when she's serious."

"There will be no turning back. Or I will sue you till you're rat poor, baby..."

"The life that I want is with her. The life that I'm waiting for is my life with her."

"She's very young. Someone that shouldn't be my type. I have a different taste of women. She's also rich and spoiled, the two things I hate the most. Kaya hindi ko rin alam kung paano ko siya nagustuhan. Maybe, life just works that way. Unexpected. Uncontrollable."

"She rejected me twice, I blackmailed her the third time..."

"What's that look for? Hmmm? Do I look too hopelessly in love with you?"

"I smiled at the lovely, beautiful, high-maintenanced, and luxurious Zariyah Isla Leviste Riego. She grinned at me."

--------------------

Story: Island Of Fire