Chapter 10

Xiao Lin entered the room.

He bowed a little in respect and greeted the man sitting at a low table. "My lord, you called?"

Kang Heng smiled a smile which didn't reach his eyes. "Yes, I knew you would come. Come, the tea is getting cold."

Don't act so civil when you threatened me to come! Tsk! Tsk!

Xiao Lin glanced at the table; tea and snacks were served already. He sat at the low table across the man but didn't touch anything.

Kang Heng just looked at the person in front, slowly taking a sip of his tea.

"Are you not drinking tea because of that veil? It's troublesome; remove it."

"Ah no, it's not. I can drink with veil." Xiao Lin took the cup. Lifting his veil a little from the end with one hand, he took sip.

Kang Heng smirked at that action.

"Does the lady doesn't want me to see the beautiful face behind?"

"Yes, I dont."

Kang Heng chuckled. "I like the straight forwardness of lady Xiao Lin." Moving one of the plate towards the other, he continued. "Please try these. These sweet dumplings are really good."

Xiao Lin hesitated before taking one and putting it in his mouth under the veil. They indeed were! So, he took another one.

"You might be wondering why I called you."

"Yes," Xiao Lin replied with mouthful.

"I want you to become my concubine."

Cough! Cough! Cough!

He almost chocked.

Kang Heng immediately refilled the teacup with tea. "Here, drink!"

Xiao Lin grabbed it and gulped down its contents; finally feeling a little better. Thank god it wasn't hot or his month would have been cooked.

"No, I can't. Sorry."

That annoying fake smile from the man's face finally vanished. Xiao Lin felt a little satisfaction at that.

"You can't, or you won't?"

"Ah...both?"

"You know, I don't like hearing 'no'. I'm giving you one more chance to change your answer. And that's a rare thing I do."

Chance, my foot! What's up with you...you arrogant man! How stubborn! Who do you think you are! I said no, so no! Of course, Xiao Lin can only talk back like that in his head; he didn't dare to voice those thoughts out loud.

"I think I should be going, Lord Kang. Thank you for the tea." Xiao Lin had enough of this man. He stood up to go but immediately fell back, feeling dizzy.

Dark chuckle escaped the man's mouth making Xiao Lin shudder.

"What the! What did you do?" Xiao Lin asked; his speech slurred at the end of the sentence. Next, his body became heavy and his back fell flat on the floor mat. Lying there on the floor, unable to move his body or speak, Xiao Lin's heart and brain filled with panic.

"Don't worry, my princess. Just gave you a little paralytic dose." Standing up, Kang Heng walked towards his princess and sat down, he removed the veil slowly. Lips curved in a satisfied smile as he saw his princess's face. "Pretty indeed."

"Now, what should I do with you for rejecting my offer. Punishment is required." He sighed, pretending to be worried for the other. "Should I strip you naked and pleasure myself with your body right here, right now?"

Xiao Lin blinked, eyes widened in horror. His whole body suddenly felt cold.

Seeing the reaction his princess, Kang Heng grinned widely.

"Or," he drawled. "Should I call my attended outside...," pausing to place his chin in his hand as if pondering over something, he continued with evil smirk. "...and other servants to dishonor and violate you while I enjoy the scene with wine." His voice went high at the end as if he was taking pleasure from just imagining it.

Xiao Lin's heart raced with horror; he was cold sweating buckets. This man was a psycho! Horrible! Horrible! He felt this man was not joking around and could implement those horrific ideas.

"If only you had agreed when I was being nice." His gleeful expression suddenly changed into lamenting one.

Oh heavens! This man is really a psycho! Xiao Lin was so scared that he was on the verge of spilling tears.

"Now, I have done it. Tsk! Tsk! I have scared my princess badly." He pretended to reprimand himself.

"Don't cry! Shh..!!! I'm here." Kang Heng placed his hands on either side of Xiao Lin and lowered his head, aligning his lips on the other's, two persons' breadth mingling.

Xiao Lin started to hyperventilate; his stress level rising.

As soon as Kang Heng's lips touched Xiao Lin's, bright light filled the room.

***

At the same time in the imperial palace, His Majesty Song sat in his study writing documents when suddenly his hand stopped, red eyes turned deathly cold and the writing brush he was holding broke into million pieces; becoming powder.

10/02/2020