Chapter 11

As soon as Kang Heng's lips touched Xiao Lin's, bright light filled the room.

Suddenly, invisible red markings circling Xiao Lin's neck flashed, becoming visible to naked eye only for half a second.

Kang Heng was thrown backward by invisible force. His back landed on the floor with a thud. He groaned, placing his hand on his now bloody lips. He was shocked. If he hadn't used defence barrier in time, the damage would have been greater.

Xiao Lin was stunned, not understanding what just happened. He thought the dose had finally affected his brain that he started to hallucinate supernatural phenomenons.

Kang Heng slowly stood up. He was really pissed off but didn't show it on his face. He observed the paralysed body in front and looked at the other's widened eyes and suspected that the other person also didn't know that this would happen and was equally surprised.

Roaming his eyes on other's body, it stopped on the pale neck. There was nothing there. But in that short amount of time when he was about to kiss, he sensed something activated around the neck area and releasing power which alarmed him to use his defence barrier in the nick of time but he still wasn't fast enough and got a little injured. Kang Heng suspected it was some kind of marking or...a seal. And of a powerful person's at that since it not only worked as a defence but also offence and was strong enough to push Kang Heng to use his power.

"Who put the marking on you?" Asked Kang Heng coldly.

Xiao Lin didn't understand what he was talking about.

Realizing the other person was unable to talk, Kang Heng took a small vial from his sleeve. He squatted down near Xiao Lin and forced its contents in the pretty mouth of other.

Xiao Lin didn't want to but had no choice but to drink.

Damn you! What did you make me drink now?!

Slowly but surely, his numb body awakened.

"Now, answer me. Who has marked you?" Asked Kang Heng sternly.

Regaining he body's movements, Xiao Lin slowly lifted up his upper body and moved backward, putting some distance between him and and the psycho man.

Confused by the question, he asked, "Marked me..!? Where? What marking!? There isn't any on my body. I don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't lie. Spill out his name, hurry. Do not try my patience."

"Really! I'm telling the truth. I really don't known what you're talking about!"

Looking at other's frightened and perplexed expression, Kang Heng suspected the other was really telling the truth and didn't know.

Kang Heng started at him for a moment, judging. Then evil smirk blossomed on his face. "Next time you won't be able to get away, my princess." He promised in threatening tone before walking out of the room.

As soon as Kang Heng left, Su Ming entered the room at one.

"My lady, are you okay? You look pale."

"I'm okay. Su Ming, help me up. I'm going to my room to rest. I feel really tired." It was probably after effects of the dose that wretched man gave him.

Red Tulip provided free rooms to their staff. Xiao Lin also got one. Since then he had been living there. Although it's risky and troublesome to disguise as a woman day and night but in order to save rent money, it wasn't such a big deal. After 2 months, he had to pay money to the pawnbroker to get his sister's ring back, also he had to send more money to his sister this month so she can go to school. He had to save every penny he can.

Su Ming looked at Xiao Lin worriedly. He knew something happened but since her lady didn't want to talk, he didn't pursue the topic any longer and helped Xiao Lin get up and escorted him to his room.

***

A small room was dimly lit by warm light of oil lamp. Xiao Lin lay in his small bed staring at the ceiling; frown marring his pretty face. He couldn't sleep. Today's incident occupied his mind.

That man, Kang Heng, was dangerous. He already threatened Xiao Lin that there would be a next time.

Xiao Lin didnt want to meet that person again. He didn't know what to do. He can't leave job here. He knew his pay here at Red Tulip was already high compared to other establishments. And the banquet at the Imperial palace was just a month away. He can't let go of his hardwork but...how to avoid that man?

Aargh!! I'll just sleep! Let's think about it tomorrow. No use stressing over it!

***

The next day, loud banging at the door woke Xiao Lin up.

"Lady Xiao Lin, wake up! People from Imperial palace are here for you." Su Ming's flustered voice announced.

Frowning, Xiao Lin immediately got up. He grabbed his upper robe from the nearby chair, putting it on then opening the door only to see the red face of panting Su Ming.

"For me? Why?" Xiao Lin asked, curious.

"I don't know. I came running here after madam Mu ordered me to fetch you. They can't be kept waiting. Lady, hurry up!"

"Okay, wait here." Xiao Lin closed the door behind and hurriedly got ready. After that, he went with Su Ming to meet people from the palace.

A/N: Have a good day! See you next week.

14/02/2020