1. i will never forget you

STORY CREATED BY  shadowfics

"Johnathan's whereabouts have been located and he is heard to be in Edom". Silence filled the room as Alec gave his speech to the whole institute. "Our main priority is to bring Johnathan back to Idris...dead or alive. I, personally, will take my team there and successfully follow out with this mission. Everyone else, you're my eyes and ears. If Johnathan is seen or heard from by anyone at all I want to know about it, no matter how small the detail is. Everything matters...dismissed". With that final word everyone, slowly, returned to their work stations and resumed with their work.
"We are meeting Magnus later on today to summon the demon who will take us there. Guys, this is an extremely dangerous mission, we might not all make it", Jace said as he put his arm around Clary.
"God you are such a drama queen", I said trying to lighten the mood whilst winking at Jace.
Alec came over and wrapped his arms around me from behind, feeling his warm embrace was reassuring.
"I'm bringing Simon", Izzy demanded. Before Alec could start refusing she finished, "If there is a chance I'm not gonna make it I want to be with him". I tightened my grip around Alec's hand, telling him to just agree. Why shouldn't Izzy be with the one she loved, especially at this time. I had Alec by my side, Clary had Jace.

Alec and Jace went to have one last meeting with the inquisitor before the mission. I went back up to mine and Alec's shared room to get ready when Izzy and Clary knocked on the door.
"You ready to kick ass?", Izzy asked as she jumped onto my bed.
"When am I not?", I grabbed my weapon holsters and wrapped them around my waist and legs.
Clary sat next to Izzy, "How are you feeling?", she asked with a hint of sympathy. I lived life as a mundane for the first 16 years of my life, I had only been a Shadowhunter for 3 years. My parents didn't know anything about the shadow world, all they knew was that I was going through a gothic phase with an obsession with 'weird looking tattoos'. I always made sure that I made time to see my family, however that was ripped away from me a few months back. Johnathan had killed them, whether it was an attempt for answers...I didn't know. All I knew was that it was evil.
I took a deep breath before answering, "Truthfully...I've never felt more ready".

We met up with Magnus in the courtyard of the institute.
"The demon I'm summoning is a greater demon. He will ask what he gets in return in which we will offer a trade of his choice. You do not break the circle at ANY point. Do you all understand me?". Sheepish nods were given from everyone as we stood in a circle at different points of the pentagram. We joined hands and Magnus said the words. There was a loud cracking noise like really close thunder and a gush of strong wind whirled around us forming a grey looking cloud in the centre of the circle.
A deep booming voice echoed, "Who dare summon the great Azazel".
Magnus was speechless, he had summoned demons before but not ones as powerful as Azazel as it was a death wish. He finally spoke with a stutter, "A-Azazel, it is I, Magnus Bane, the high warlock of Brooklyn. We would like acceptance to enter Edom".
Azazel laughed, "And what do I get in return of this?...", he thought for a minute. "I get one special memory from each of you with the person you cherish the most".

Izzy went first, it appeared in front of us like a projection. It was of her first date with Simon, he had taken her to a Star Wars movie marathon at the movie theatre and although it wouldn't have been her first choice for a date...or any of her choices for that matter, watching his face light up in the hope of her liking something he enjoyed so much was all she cared about. She started crying after the memory had disappeared and Simon was trying to hold back the tears.

He was next, it was of the both of them sitting in the Jade Wolf. It had just been after there first date and they had gone there from the movies for a 'romantic' meal/the only place Simon could afford. She was trying to reassure him that she loved Star Wars even though she got all the questions wrong from the quiz he made her do. But he didn't say that she was wrong, he realised that she was trying for him and that was all he needed.