8. don't let go

STORY CREATED BY blackthornslightwood

You needed to get out of this party it was starting to make you feel overwhelmed. Without Alec by your side you felt lost there. The party was full of shadowhunters which you didn't exactly seem to know and it's not like they wanted to know a warlock like you anyways. Making your way through the hall you finally found the door to the roof. You knew that was the perfect place to go because no one would see you leave and judge you, they probably wouldn't notice you gone anyway but you didn't need another reason for them to look down on you. Also there was a low chance that anyone would be up there so you could have a few minutes of peace. As you made your way up the old rusty stairs your thoughts of getting away were interrupted when you heard people yelling from the roof. Not really wanting to go back you kept on going. Just as you were about to open the door you could make out who one of the voices were. It was Clary so you figured that she was fighting with Jace once again, you knew they would stop when you walked out. But when you opened the door you were met with a surprise. There was Clary but it wasn't Jace it was Alec. You gasp at the sight you saw but neither of the two seem to notice you.

"I would never forgive you for this Alec!" Clary shouted as she waved her hands "You killed my mother, the only thing I truly had left to my old life." Alec looked down at the street wondering if this is how it would end.

"I'm sorry" Alec mumbled still looking down. You were shocked what was going on. Yes you knew Clary was mad but not this mad.

"Why don't you just end it here Alec? No one would miss you anyway, all you are is a cold blooded killer" Clary took a step closer to Alec making him taking another step closer to the edge of the roof.

"Maybe you are right" Alec told as he faced Clary once again "No one would miss me. I'm nothing anymore I've lost everyone. My family hates me, The Clave hates me and most of all Jace. He can't seem to forgive me for what I did to you." Alec had tears rolling down his cheeks and so did you. You were beyond shocked all you did was freeze up. How could Alec think all of this? He knew it was all a lie, everyone knew he had done the only right reason. He did what he was born to do and that was to kill demons to protect others. "I'm sorry" Alec whispered and took his final step back letting himself fall knowing that this was the end. Quickly coming to your senses you waved your arm letting your magic catch Alec before he hit the ground. Clary turned wondering where the magic came from and when she did she wished she haven't. Seeing your angry face was enough for her to want to curl up into a ball.

"LEAVE!" You demanded as you finally got Alec back on the roof. Rushing passed you she left so you made your way to an anxious Alec.

"Baby" Putting your hands on his wet cheeks all you could do was cry. How could you have not notice this.

"I'm sorry" Alec said shaking off your hands so he could look at the floor.

"Stop saying sorry, I had enough there's nothing for you to be sorry for. You did the right thing Alec and you need to know that. I'm the one who should say sorry. I didn't notice how much this was getting to you I..I didn't think it was bad enough for you to try this" When the words came out of your mouth, Alec finally looked up giving you a force smile. You smiled back knowing that this was going to be a long road.

"I love you Alec and so does everyone else. Clary is still feeling the lost of her mom and she needs someone to be mad at right now and that just happens to be you. She felt guilty on the way out that time you could tell. She loves you too."

"I..I" Alec took a deep breath to try to calm down but it didn't work he still broke down into your arms crying. "I almost left you and everyone" Holding him all you did was rock him knowing there wasn't nothing else to do at this moment. "I need your forgiveness on what I just try to do" Alec quitey said.

"I forgive you Alec, don't worry I'm here and not leaving." Alec nodded and stay in your arms where you guys where to for the rest of the night. You had a broken boy who needed to be fixed but like always it takes time and you don't want to do it but it was Alec all you needed in your long life was to see him happy and thats what you were going to do.