11. new girl

STORY CREATED BY imaginary-world-of-imgines

"....so where do we have to go for this mission?" Y/N asked as they made their way towards the weapons room where they are supposed to meet up with the other two members of this mission Jace and Alec.

"According to the information we'll be able to track the warlock who's been making deals with this nest of vamps for the last 2 months in the Pandemonium club." Izzy said while carefully selecting her weapons finally settling on her signature electrum whip and a pair of daggers.

Y/N nodded her head while picking up her seraph blade along with her set of shurikens (ninja stars) which she uses like an extension of her own body.

" By the looks of it, it seems Shuriken girl is tagging along in this mission as well.." Alec said while making his way over to the weapon area with an irritated look on his face his parabatai, Jace following him. "We can use some Shurikens on this mission Alec." Jace said while tucking a dagger in his shoe.

Y/N shrugs at her best friend Izzy as she gives her a look questioning about Alec's mood. "Hurry up arrow guy pick up your stuff so we can get moving..." Y/N said getting a little impatient as this was your 1stofficial mission in the New York Institute. As you had previously been working from the Hawaii Institute until out of nowhere The Clave decided to transfer you to the New York Institute.

Although the transfer at first was a little hard for you as you had a whole life in Hawaii which you had to leave behind to come to New York, until you met Izzy and became friends with her and Jace as well. They made you feel like you were a part of something letting you into their group without any hesitation, well that is except for their brother Alec who liked to act distant.

Everyone was ready to leave when Alec decided to drop a bomb"She's not going with us." Pointing in Y/N's direction. "WHAT...WHY?!" Y/N exclaimed in surprise. "Because you are not ready and I don't want you to screw up this mission for us it's too important to be taken lightly."

"The Hell Alec! I'm not a new recruit! I've been doing this for the past 2 years in Hawaii. Just because I'm transferred here doesn't mean I left all my training in Hawaii and have to train again like a rookie..." Y/N exclaimed getting really irritated by Alec's bossy claim.

"Y/N! Maryse wants to talk to you. Go meet with her as soon as your free....." Robert said while entering the room but trailing off as he noticed the tension in the room. "Am I interrupting something? ". "No, father. We were just leaving. Y/N's going to go see mother right away." Alec said while moving out followed by his parabatai and sister.

"Don't worry you're definitely going with us next time and we'll break Alec's nose if he'll try to stop you." Izzy whispered to you with a light wink in Y/N's direction on her way out of the institute.

Y/N's POV:

As soon as they left me here having nothing to do I decided to go to Maryse's room to see what she wanted to talk to me about. Right now I'm standing outside her door ready to knock wondering what she might want to talk about. "Come in" she said as soon as my hand made contact with her door. She looked up at me as soon as I entered her door and bobbed her head once to acknowledge my presence and gestured towards the seat in front of her desk. Not to delay any further I sit and wait for her to talk. "I hope you are settled here Y/N." was that even a question? I wondered. "Look Y/N, I'm not going to beat around the bush with you. I heard that you haven't attended any mission since your arrival. The Clave sent you here to help with the missions. So I want you to join the kids on their next mission. You are a well trained shadow hunter so there's no need to see you train again like a rookie, understood?!" "Yes." I said while in my head there was so much more that I wanted to say. What's the use we all know Maryse is a practical woman and she doesn't want any stupid excuses. I too am dying to go on a mission as soon as possible I am sick of sitting in the institute for the last 2 months. All I want is some real action which is out there and not in here.