Chapter 9 [M]

Jiang Cheng

Lan Huan....Lan Huan....

I kept on saying his name in my head like a mantra. Tears started to prickle my eyes.

I struggled against Wei Ying's arms. His arms were tightly holding me back, but not so tight as to hurt me, but they restrained me from running to where they were taking Lan Huan.

"Let me go Wei Ying! I-I...need to see Lan Huan..!" I was still trying to struggle against him with tears going down my cheeks. My vision was blurred with tears. I wanted to see if my husband was alright. My heart felt so heavy.

"No Jiang Cheng. Brother-in-law is going to be alright, but for now we have to see if my nephew's are alright. So..please I know you are worried, but we need to prioritize your children first ok? After the doctor says that my nephews are ok I promise you! We will come back and see if brother-in-law is alright...ok? look, Lan Zhan is going to stay here and he will inform us on what is happening to brother-in-law alright?"

His thumb wipes the tears that were on my cheeks. I let out a shaky sigh and I nod. "ok..." I say sadly and I let Wei Wuxian help me sit on a wheel chair that a nurse had prepared for me. I see that Lan Wangji kisses Wei Ying on the forehead and goes to sit on one of the seats in the hall right outside of the surgery room.

I let out another sigh to calm me down, and as I was being wheeled away to a room I looked back once more to the surgery room and my heart clenched. 'Please....don't let me lose another person....' I closed my eyes and I willed my tears to stay put.

I then felt someone grab my hand and I opened my eyes to see that Wei Ying was holding my hand to comfort me.

"It's going to be alright Jiang Cheng....okay? Don't stress too much." He softly smiles, and we had finally arrived to my room and I had help to be laid on the bed and the doctor came in minutes later.

The doctor comes in, "Hello Mr. Jiang." He bows to me and to Wei Ying.

"So I heard that in the other room, someone was shot?" He says while checking his clip-board.

I look down, "Yes...my husband was shot and right now he is in surgery..." I say while I try not to cry again.

"Mhm...Well I'm pretty sure he's going to be fine...our best surgeon is in there with him...now..." He places his hand on my shoulder , "I understand how worried you are for your husband...but in your condition I would advise you not to place stress on yourself. This can hurt your children and you." He looks at me with a serious expression, "Mr. Jiang...you have a higher risk of miscarriage because you are having triplets and you are a male pregnancy...so please for your health and the children I advise you not to let yourself get consumed by stress...alright?" He smiles to me gently.

I nod and I try to calm myself down as best as I could.

While the doctor was checking his clip-board for all my information, Wei Ying was by my side and Lan Wangji was staying outside of the surgery room to hear about any thing that would happen to Lan Huan. I smiled lightly at how much they have comforted me, and helped me in all this chaos.

I really am grateful for reconciling with my brother....after jiĕjie and her husband Jin Zixuan went missing, I felt empty inside and then Wei Wuxian also disappeared for a while. Which made me feel even worse. My depression getting the best of me.

...Shi-jie and brother-in-law never came back.

I thought that they would come back to see their son, but no. I have always wondered why did they leave me behind? why did they leave their son behind? I have asked myself these questions for as long as I can remember. No one giving me answers.