Chapter 11

Lan Xichen

Two months had passed after the incident with Ying Yue. Now A-Cheng and I were relaxing on the couch cuddling.

"A-Cheng what do you want to do today?" I ask him while kissing his forehead . He yawns and stretches his arms out like a cat. I smiled at this cute husband of mine. After he stretches he starts to think.

"Hm...with me pregnant I don't know where...." He says while he places his hand on his stomach. Yes, after the two months A-Cheng was really big. Like the doctor said, The babies in a male pregnancy did grow more faster than a normal pregnancy...

Not that I minded since this was something that Wanyin and I were waiting for. To see our cute little triplets.

A few quiet, yet comforting seconds pass and Wanyin starts talking. "Well I guess we can go to a a stroll for a bit and then to a restaurant." At that moment his stomach growls, and I let out a chuckle.He blushes, "ugh...never mind scratch that lets go to the restaurant first and then the stroll, oh! And I'm craving some fish." He chuckles in embarrassment.

I smile, "Anything for you Wanyin." He blushes once more and I stand up and help him to get up from the couch. We dress to go out and we head to a restaurant that Wanyin and I liked going to. There Wanyin ordered the fish he wanted and I ordered some simple streak. After we talked for a bit and we finished our food, we paid for our meals and headed out to the park to take a nice stroll.

"So how is Brother-in-law with Yu and Ya?" I ask while I took his hand in a gentle squeeze. He smiles, "Well Wei Wuxian told me that they are very ecstatic for the triplets that they can't stop talking and thinking of ways to play with them."

He lets out a cute giggle, "Man..those kids are really cute...." He smiles fondly. I nod, "Mhm, they both are, so...how is Jin Ling? Have you talked with him recently?" Wanyin nods, "Yea, he seems to be happy and having a good life with Sizhui. He is happy with his job and he just....seems happy."

He smiles even more brightly. "I am so happy for him...he turned out to be a great young man..." Wanyin lays his head on my shoulder and let out a sigh. I kissed his forehead, "Of Course....you raised him." I give him a smile and we started to get a bit hungry and thirsty after a while so we find a cafe. We go in the cafe and we could see that it was pretty empty, so we found a table close to a window and we started to chat a little bit.

A waiter than came to our table. I was still looking through the menu when I hear something fall.

I immediately look up and I see the waiter wide-eyed staring at us. I was confused as to why he was staring at us with a pale face, like he saw a ghost or something. "Are you okay?" I ask. Wanyin looks up as well and he was as confused as I.

The waiter stutters and he quickly composes himself and picks up the thing he dropped, which I then saw it was a notepad. He cleared his throat, "So...are you sir's ready to order?" He gives a small smile, and readies himself to write. I nod and so does A-Cheng, and we give him our orders and he leaves.

What I didn't notice was how he had a sad expression on his face as he was going to the kitchen.

After a few minutes later the one who brings our food wasn't the waiter, but a women. I don't know why...but I felt like this women felt...familiar? And even with the waiter...they both seemed pretty familiar to me....Why is that?

I was so lost in thought that Wanyin started to wave his hand in front of my face. I immediately got out of my thoughts and paid attention to my husband.

He had a slight pout on his face. "Lan Huan...are you even listening?" I nervously chuckled and I scratch the back of my head, "Sorry A-Cheng...come again? I was lost in my thoughts, so i didn't hear you..." I gave him a small smile. He huffs and starts to talk. "I'll forgive you this time, but next time I won't be so forgiving..." I chuckle and I grab his hand tenderly and I kiss the back of his hand.

I look up at him and he was blushing, "I won't do it again my cute husband...~" He blushes even more, but I decided to stop teasing him. We ate our deserts and drank our drinks we ordered and as we were about to leave the waiter and the waitress stop us.

"Excuse me..." The black haired women says. We both stop and turn around.

"Yes?" I say , She looked to the waiter and he nodded. "Um...are you Lan Xichen?" She asks, I widened my eyes, "Y-yes...I am Lan Xichen..and to my right is my husband..." I look to Wanyin, "His name is Jiang Cheng..."

'I wonder what they want..' I say in my head and at that moment the women's eyes and the mans eyes widened. The women places her hands on mouth and she started tearing up.

"B-By chance...do you know a person named Jin Ling?" I widen my eyes once more and I look to Wanyin and he looked back at me with a shocked expression. We both immediatly became defensive. "...Who wants to know..." A-Cheng says with an angry expression.

"And how do you know him?" I say after with a cold expression.

The women starts to cry and the man consoles her, "No one....but....his parents..." He looks up with a determined expression.

"W-What...." Wanyin stays frozen in place, he looks to the man and women and he starts shaking his head. "N-No way....no....I-it...c-can't be....." He then starts backing away until his back hits a wall. I quickly go to him and I try calming him down since he was hyperventilating a bit. "Wanyin...Its alright look, I'm right here....please calm down..." I kiss his forehead and I embrace him. After a while he calms down and we look at the people in front of us.

"Are you....Jin Zixuan and Jiang Yanli?" I say while holding Wanyin close in my embrace. The man nods, "Yes...." He gives a small, sad smile. The women, which we figured had to be Jiang Yanli got up from the floor and Jin Zixuan rubs away her tears gently with his thumb. "Well...we need to talk..." Jin Zixuan says while he motions to us to sit at the barstools. Jiang Yanli went to turn the sign over to signify that they were closed. She went back in and sat with her husband in front of us.

When we all sat down, the atmosphere turned tense. I gulped, and I felt Wanyin grasp my hand tightly. I tenderly rub my thumb on his hand to calm his nerves and to reassure him.

After a while of no one speaking Jiang Yanli speaks softly. "...I know...that you think that we abandoned everyone.....even....A-Ling, but....please....hear us out..." I look up and I look to the couple. Wanyin after a while sighed, "Fine...but there better be a good explanation or else....even if you are my shijie and brother-in-law....I won't forgive you for what you both did to A-Ling..."

'That's a good start...now....' We both take a deep breath and we close our mouths to hear their story...

____________________________________________________

That's where I'm ending it! Hahahaha cliff hanger~ XD Well the next chapter is their talk. Stay tuned! ^w^