fourty five

harry's palms begin to sweat, gripping his phone tightly in his hands. he's closing up his bakery, quietly telling an old couple that he's really gonna fucking do it.

they giggle, patting harry on his hand with their wrinkled ones and shuffling out of the door that harry closes tightly and locks.

he walks down the long streets until he reaches their apartment, neither wanted to move so they settled with the small area, opening up the door quietly.

louis is sitting on the couch, not really paying attention to the fact that harry walked into the house, until he calls out, "honey, i'm home!" causing louis to scramble towards harry, flinging himself into harry's arms.

"missed you." louis breathes.

"missed you," harry pauses. "more."

they both settle onto the couch, louis filling him in on what happened so far on criminal minds, harry's arms tightning around louis' waist.

louis watches the television, not even noticing when harry pulls his phone out and opens up an app he hasn't used in ages. it's been over three years since he has last opened it up, almost forgetting exactly how to find his contacts. the only reason him and louis kept the app was to read their messages over again.

he types out his message, hits send, and then shoves his phone under his thigh. louis' phone vibrates, his eyebrows lifting as he unlocks it. he glances at the notifications bar, his brows furrowing when he realizes what it's from.

"didn't we turn off the notifications for that app?" louis mumbles more to himself than it is to harry. harry pretends he doesn't hear him.

louis opens the app, going to the bottom bar that has harry's user in it. he clicks on it, reading the message quickly before his phone falls from his grip and he's eagerly shouting yes, yes and kissing harry everywhere.

harry's heart has never been beating so fast, not even when he met louis the first time.

louis grabs harry's phone, mumbling out, "where'd mine go?" to call his mother, jay. harry notices that louis' phone is laying under the coffee table, getting one glance at the screen before it shuts off.

harry: will you marry me?

~~~

[a/n: THATS IT ITS DONE I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED THIS SO MUCH OKAY I LOVE YOU GUYS AND WILL MISS YOU ALL SO MUCH]

[a/n 2: honestly though, if i did write a sequel to speed dating it'd probably be mpreg because i've always wanted to write one (i'm nasty let me just live) and you guys would get the smut i never wrote]