~ Training ~

Today is the first training session. It's where the tributes will learn how to handle weapons and tie knots and make fires, but I really see no need for all those skills. Why when you have weapons? Kill as many as you can. That's my strategy. But also be smart, heal wounds, you get the idea.

Cato and I head down the elevator to go to the training center. I'm wearing a simple black short sleeve with tigh black pants. Very plain. I don't mind though, I'm not a fashion obsessed geek. Cato wears a red long sleeve shirt with jean pants.

We get down at the training center in seconds. We seem to be the first ones there. Well, we are the most eager to get our hands on the deadliest weapons. We start right away though because Atala, the head training instructor needs to tell us rules and tips. Most of them I already knows, but Atala gives her talk anyways.

"Welcome to the training. You will get three days to practice with weapons that vary and to tie and start fires and any survival skills. After those three days, you will be taken for your private session with the gamemakers. You will have two minutes to present any skill you would like to show. After evaluation, the gamemakers will rate you with a score that you will see on t.v. The higher score the better. There will be a expert at every training station. Good luck tributes, you may start at any station. Oh, and no fighting with the other tributes... that is a warning."

As soon as she finished her speech, all the careers head off to the weapon section. Ignore knot tying, slingshots, those useless things, weapons are all you need. I grab some throwing knives off a rack. They are similar to the ones I used at home. I don't get in line and throw right away. I inspect Glimmer, just as I was going to do as I said yesterday. She doesn't see me looking, which is even better. Glimmer heads off to the archery station first. Now this is what I wanna see. She picks up a silver bow and talks to the expert there. Then she finally places an arrow on her bow and aims.

She takes a really short time to aim, then lets the string go. The arrow flys through the air and lands on the right arm. Not in the center. I scoff. I don't dissaprove her. I just thought of her better. Glimmer suddenly turns and looks at me. I can tell by her face she knows I think she's terrible. She marches right up to my face and acts like it never happened.

"Oh hey, Clove. What are you up to? I was just wondering what you can do... I see you've been evaluating me... not that I really asked you too, but I'm just wondering, can you show me, I don't think you could really do any better, you look really bad-"

"Okay!" I say impatiently. "I get it. I'll show you what a real career can do."

I line up at the knife throwing line. I see the district 6 girl do an epic fail at knife throwing, and the district 7 boy hit the target multiple times, but in the least damaging places sometimes hitting it between the legs, missing the proper places. Finally, it is my turn. I make sure Glimmer is watching. She is staring at my intently. The other careers are too. I see a sort of smirk on her face, one that's sure I'm not good. This triggers me. I grab three knives. There are lots of human targets that light up at the ones you need to throw at. So you have to have fast reflexives too. 

I wait. A target to my far left lights up. I throw, and the knife digs  straight into the heart. I don't have time to look at Glimmer's reaction before the second target lights up. I throw again, straight into the heart. Then another target lights up straight ahead of me. I know hitting this target would be to easy, after what I did to the other targets. So I do a complicated spin move and then throw my knife, which once again is sent straight into the heart.

Glimmer is taken aback. Her green eyes are wide in shock. I smirk. She stutters, and I wave her away.

"Don't even say anything."