~ The Feast ~

Ever since Marvel, Noah, and the tweleve yeard old rat girl died, it has been awfully quiet. Cato has kept talking to me, asking me fore plan suggestions to kill off the last tributes, but I haven't really responded. There are only 6 tributes left, if you include me.

The announcement that two victors may be crowned has made a great impact. We celebrated and slapped hands. But one thing- that means if Katniss and Peeta win, they both live. At least one of them could die.

"Cato," I say. "We need something to protect ourselves against Katniss's arrows. She can get us from far away."

"You have your knives though," Cato says. "You can hit her straight in the heart. I saw you."

"Yes, but bows are more powerful than knives. They can go farther."

"Ok, I see a point. But how do we even get something to protect ourselves?"

I shrug.

We moved our camp into the tall grass fields where we saw Thresh run into, hoping to find and kill him. He won't stand much of a chance if we both fight him. We haven't exactly made a plan, but we're hoping to tonight. I'm organizing the knives in my jacket from throwing knives to combat knives, when the horn sounds. That means their calling for our attention. We both look up.

"Attention tributes! Attention tributes! There will be a feast at dawn. This is no ordinary feast. Each of you need something desperatly. You will find that something at cornucopia in a pack with your district number. Goodluck!"

Me and Cato look at eachother eagerly. "We need to make a plan," I tell him.

"Okay," he agrees. "I'll go in for the pack," He says right away.

"No, I can," I say. "Your better and close up combat then me. You can just stray near cornucopia to make sure the other tributes stay away. While your doing that, I'll run in and get that pack."

He nods. "The most important thing. What about Katniss?"

I smile. "If I give her a painful death for the audience, can I kill her?"

Cato grins wickedly. "Of course."

"So that's that. I'll run in while you keep other tributes away. I'll only run onto the field when Katniss does. I don't want to miss that oppurtunity."

"Don't make her death that quick," Cato says. "Savor the moment."

"You bet I am," I say back.

We hang around camp until it gets dark. We eat a bit then nap a bit. Finally, it is time to head off to the feast. When we get there early, which is really annoying because we totally could've ran up and stolen all of the packs, but I had to wait for Katniss. Cato went off a bit further to see if her could hunt at least 1 tribute. i wait for a good amount of time until I see something move.

The ground splits open and a table with all the packs rise up. 2 is the biggest, then 11, then 5 and 12 is the smallest. Immidiatly, a dash of red runs from behind of the cornucopia and snags up the pack that has the number 5 of it. Finch, the district 5 girl. Of course she was going to find some clever way to impress the crowd, that show off.

Steathily, I sneak behind cornucopia. This is a better place that way if Katniss runs forward to get her pack, I can jump out and attack her without trouble. And it isn't long before she arrives for her pack. She sprints out.

Right away I throw my first knife. She deflects it with her bow. I start running towards her. She puts an arrow on her bow and fires it at me. I turn sideways and the arrow misses my heart. Instead, it digs into my left arm. I should probably thank Katniss for shooting me in the left arm and not the right, because if it hit my right arm, I wouldn't be able to throw, which is my forte.

Her fingers grasp the 12 pack and she starts running away. She lifts her bow one more time to try and shoot me. I throw my knife again, this time aiming for her forehead, because I don't want to kill her quickly. I promised Cato to give the audience a good show, and stabbing her in the head right away isn't very cool.

The knife slashes her above the eyebrow. Blood streams down her face.  She sends her arrow on her string, but she miust be blind from the blood because it misses me by far. I slam into her and pin her to the ground, my knees on her shoulders.

"Where's you boyfriend, District Tweleve? Still hanging on?" I smirk at her.

"He's out there now, Hunting Cato," She snarls at me hatefully. "Peeta!" She screams.

Fearfully, I punch her in the windpipe. I keep turning to make sure Peeta won't pop out somewhere ridiculous and kill me.

"Liar." I turn back to her and smile. "He's nearly dead. Cato knows where he cut him. You've probably got him strapped in some tree while you try to keep his heart going. What's in that pretty little backpack? That medicine for Lover Boy? Too bad he'll never get it."

I open my jacket. There are knives on my vest too. I take a long time deciding which knife to use. I finally pick a knife with a curved blade. "Cato said I could finish you off myself if I gave the audience a good show," I tell her.

She tries to push me off, but I hold my lock on her. "Forget it District Twelve. We're going to kill you. Just like we did your pathetic little ally... What was her name? The one who hopped around in the trees? Rue? Well, first Rue, then you, and then I think we'll just let nature take care of Lover Boy. How does that sound? Now, where to start?"

I swipe the blood on her face away with my jacket. I inspect her face, titling it, deciding where to start first. She tries to bite my hand, but I grab her hair and pull her back down. "Hmm," I say. "I think... I'll start with your mouth" I teasingly trace the blade around her lips.

"Yes, I don't think you'll have much use for you lips anymore. Want to blow Lover Boy one last kiss?" I ask her sweetly but evily. She spits blood in my face. I wipe it off and I feel myself flush with anger. "Alright, let's get started."

I start the first cut above her lip. I trace it down, slicing the first layer of her lips off. She makes this choking noise that I love to hear. The sound of pain. Then I work on her bottom lip. I shave it off, leaving a bloody mass on her face. I wipe it with my sleeve, but it's no use. Blood just keeps flowing. I grin at her. She stares at me intently. "Guess no more kissing," I say.

 Then I start on her hears. "Trust me," I say. "You won't want to hear the screams you'll make after this." I slice her right ear off and she screeches in pain. Then I slice her left ear off. She screams again. I drag  the knife across her cheek, slicing her. Then I get to work on her eyes. I stab it. Then I take the eye out with my knife. I fling it onto the grass. Then I cut the word tweleve  Onto her forehead. 

"How does that feel?" I ask her. "Like you wish you never volutneered? Good. Last thing."

I grab my knife and slice her nose off. Then I finally decide to end her life. I grab my knife at slit her throat. The cannon sounds.

"Clove?" I hear Cato yell. Right. He might think that cannon was mine. I quickly snatch up the pack and run towards the sound of his voice. He finally comes into my view.

"I did it!" I cheer. "I made her death slow and painful."

"Yeah! That's great! Now we can win. Lover Boy will die without the medicine. Finch, she won't be hard to kill. Thresh, both of us together, we can probably take him. We practically won!" he says.

I mock Cladius Templesmith's voice. "To Cato and Clove, this years victors!"

He laughs. We sit down on a rock and open up the pack to find to pairs of armor.

"Well, now that Katniss is dead, we can probably use these against Thresh," I say.

He nods. "I bet we won't even need them to defeat him."

We put our armor on. They didn't send us helmets, only armor for the torso and legs. I shrug. We have killed Katniss, our biggest target. What else is tehre left for us to worry about?