~ The Katniss Chase ~

The next morning we all have an apple and fill ourselves up. We plan to go to the lake and check it out. And of course, we'll bring weapons. I'm the first one ready to go, jacket zipped up and shoes tied. The other careers are slow moving because they grumble about getting up early. But I can work with almost anything.

I have to wait 15 minutes until they are completely ready to go, but once we are close to the lake the careers have regined their full energy and they are jogging. We hear some small explosians, but we have no clue what they are. We emerge from the brambles and we keep on chatting until Marvel has pointed out the best thing yet. 

There, in the lake, swims Katniss.

"C'mon guys!" Cato yells.

"We got her!" Crys Glimmer.

We chase her for a short while, Cato in the lead. Katniss picks a tree and begins to climb it. She's an annoyingly fast climber. When we all arrive at the bottom of the tree, she's already 20 feet up the tree. Marina tells Cato to go after her.

Glimmer offers Cato a bow, but Cato rejects. He tells her his sword is better for him. He grabs his sword from his belt and begins to climb the tree. He's too heavy, the branches keep breaking. when hes 10 feet up, he flails and falls and hit the ground hair.

Glimmer gives an "ugh" and tries to climb the tree, but it's not good and she breaks the branches too. She strings the bow and tries to shoot Katniss, but we already know that she's not the best with the bow. However the arrow lands on the tree next to Katniss, and she pulls the arrow out. She waves it over our heads and infuriates us. We look for ways to get her.

"Oh, why don't we just burn the tree?" Glimmer asks.

"That'd start a forest fire, we don't want that," I reply.

"Then why don't you throw a knife?"

"Because I'm not going to give her an extra weapon if I miss. If you miss with the arrow, there's not much she can do," I explain.

Glimmer shrugs.

"Oh, let her stay up there. It's not like she's going anywhere," Peeta snaps harshly. "We'll deal with her in the morning."

Me and Cato glance at eachother.

"Okay," he says. "Someone make a fire."

Marvel creates the fire and we settle and make a mini camp under the tree Katniss stays in. I take off my jacket and lay it on the ground.

Cato sticks his sword in the fire and the tip of his blade glows orange with heat. Glimmer laughs at the sight of his sword. Cato looks at her but ignores her. I throw a knife into a scurrying lizard, pinning it to a ground. I use the small throwing knives I have and throw at the lizard for target practice. 

Finally, about an hour later, the fire dies down and Marina and Marvel are asleep. Glimmer is on watch. Cato is getting ready to sleep, and so am I. I don't count on Glimmer to stay awake during the watch, so I clutch a knife while I sleep because that's my only defense if I get jumped. Glimmer leans against the tree, glancing everywhere. She uses the night vision goggles we got at cornucopia. Still clutching my knife, I drift off to sleep.