~ Tracker Jackers ~

When I am jolted awake, I feel pain right away. Everywhere on my body stings. It's tracker jackers, dangerous and deadly that inject poisen in you that causes visions and bad dreams.  My first instinct, run. I grab the closest thing near me, which is my jacket, and run. We all scream. The careers are running, scattering in all different ways.

"To the lake!" Cato yells.

So that's where I head. I see Marvel run to the right and Cato run to the left. I just run straight forward, not caring if I follow them. I just need to save my life. I have no idea where Glimmer and Marina are.

Once I can actually open my eyes for long, I head to the route which leads to the lake. I see Marvel ahead of me, and Cato already at the lake scratching his stings. We settle for a couple minutes then I say, "We have to go get our stuff. I don't care if you guys are coming or not, I'm going back." Cato and Marvel follow me. We here the cannon just before we start running back to the tree. 

I hold three knives in one hand, ready to throw at any second. When we run back to the tree, on the way we see Marina, dead on the ground, lumps covering her body. I ignore her and continue running. The other careers stop by for a few seconds but then get the sense to move on.

When I get back to the tree, Glimmer isn't there. I grab my things and scurry. Cato gets there just after me. I follow him once he's grabbed all his things. We run for a bit. Then, there stands Katniss, crouched over Glimmers body who is sprawled on the ground, in a coma. Katniss looks up and sees us. She snatches up the bow and arrow from Glimmer and tries to place an arrow on the bow, but she misses. My vision is blurry and I see multiple of things duplicated. We are far away, to far to throw a knife or spear. But Peeta is close enough. He runs to Katniss, spear in hand.

"Go, run, Katniss!" He screams at her. "Quick!" That's when it hits me. Peeta is nothing but a dirty traitor. Cato is there before me. He swings his sword towards Peeta, slicing him in the leg. I hope he gets killed, or possibly dies from the pain. Peeta sprints away then, or should I say crawls away to die.

Katniss has tooken off at high speed and is nowhere to be seen. I frustratedly jam my knives into the ground. Cato looks just as furious.

"We lost her, again!" I snarl.

"Just wait till we get her. She'll wish she was never alive," Cato spits. "We'll give her a painful death."

We head back to cornucopia. We hear a cannon fire, it's definitly Glimmers. Marvel is already there, scratching his tracker jacker stings. I walk to the lake. I find that putting water on them soothes the pain. I pull out the stingers from my skin too, it hurts.

Once I get back at the lake, I find that Marvel wasn't smart enough to pull out the stingers of his wounds. I roll my eyes, but I don't tell him anything. It's his own sense he's ignoring.

We set off for no reason in particular. That's when we see something yellow moving. A jacket. If you see a jacket moving, that means someone is wearing it. We all run forward to find the boy from district 3. He doesn't run away from us, like other tributes would do, he just stares at us with his eyes wide. Cato pulls out his sword and I whip out my knife.

"Wait," He says. "I can help you."

Cato glares at him. "And why would we need help from a runt like you?" He snaps.

"I saw the pyramid of supplies you have at cornucopia. I know how to reactivate the landmines by the pedastools to protect your stuff," he says.

Cato looks at me and shrugs. I shrug too. "Okay, whatever, just follow us," Cato growls.

We walk back to the camp. Once we get there, we just realize that the boy from district 3, Noah is his name, has been carrying a plastic box the whole time. We don't really care, it must be some tool he will use.

"Well, do your magic," I say sharply.

Noah fiddles with the box for a few minutes, then he says that the mines have been scattered around the supplies. He also says he can turn the mines on and off whenever we want them to. We don't thank him. Do you expect us too? We are careers. He's done us a huge favor, but he's still nothing to us. I sit down on a crate and rest.