Not even Stark

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

Alexa's POV

One week later

The rising of the sun bathes my room in the golden pink light of the dawn. Painting the insides of my eyelids gold as I slowly become aware of the world.

I yawn before sitting up gradually and swinging my legs out of bed, choosing to stand up and turn to my windows.

A hand laxly tossed out in front of me brushes aside the light curtains to reveal the cityscape.

A skyline streaked with gold greets my view and I watch tiredly as the city wakes up around me. Not that this city is ever really asleep.

I glance at my clock.

7:06AM

A stiffness in my back causes me to let out a small groan.

I arch backwards and place my hands on the floor, effectively stretching my muscles before righting myself again and allowing my blood to rush back down to my feet.

A few light steps across my room and I step into my wardrobe.

I think for a moment before pulling down a pair of black leggings with mesh detailing and a cropped blue shirt. Getting changed quickly and completely disregarding shoes.

I grab a brush on the way back into my bedroom and stride over to the full-length mirror leaning against the wall directly to the left of my door.

A quick drag of the brush through my now elbow length hair removes the tangles left over from sleep and I leave the brush on the floor.

I'll pick it up later.

A quiet tapping alerts me to Liam's presence, flicking through something on his phone, lying draped across the couch.

"Hey Lexa" he calls in greeting as I shut my door. "How'd you sleep?"

"Like a baby" I reply with a smile before I glance at the staircase in the corner. Making a split-second decision.

"Come with me"

"Where are we going?"

I hear him sit up and follow me as I walk across the room and up the stairs. I spin around whilst walking to answer him.

"I want to show you what's up here. I'm surprised you haven't tried to find out already"

"How do you know I haven't?" he teases with a wink.

His lilting tone and cocky smile make my heart stutter.

The butterflies in my stomach make an appearance and I fight to squash them.

"Have you?"

"No."

I laugh. He's nothing if not predictable. But to be honest I don't think he'd ever do something against my wishes or invade my space without permission.

"How very slack of me" I say with a dramatic air, placing a hand on my chest. "You've been here a week and I haven't shown you my favourite place in the tower."

At his bright grin, I spin around on the stairs as we approach the top.

As we were walking, the stairs led up into a tunnel of sorts, with high ceilings to avoid feeling cramped or claustrophobic.

It winds upwards for a minute or so before coming to a stop at a floor-to-ceiling windowpane.

"Is this it?"