Ready

Alexa's POV

We set a blistering pace across the tarmac; our sights focused on the waiting jet.

A look to my left finds Liam flicking frantically through a book on Russian while keeping pace.

I stifle a laugh and he pauses his flicking to glare at me.

"Not everyone can be fluent in Russian you know"

I nod in a consoling manner and make more of an effort to keep a straight face.

"You do realise I can teach you Russian on the flight, right? We have nine hours"

His face lights up immediately.

"Really? Thank you so much Lexa!"

The nickname catches in my brain and sets my heart on fire.

I laugh to cover my breath catching and we walk up the steps into the plane.

Two chairs, sitting either side of the aisle and facing the cockpit, wait for us.

I move to put my bags in the overhead compartment and sit down once I'm finished.

I watch as Liam mirrors my movements and the moment he sits, the door closes and arms itself. Not a minute later we begin to taxi down the runway.

"Ready?" I ask to my right.

"Totally"

Get in and get out. We will be fine.

---

Nine and a bit hours later and Liam knows significantly more Russian than he did this morning.

We both sleep for a while and eat on the plane, making it so we're ready to go.

We exit swiftly and a sleek black Ferrari is waiting for us.

Liam whistles.

"Sweet ride"

I nod in agreement. It's a really nice car.

"I'm driving!"

We slide in and toss our bags in the back seat. Liam passes me a com and I press it into my ear before flicking it on with one hand and turning the key with the other.

After making sure the seatbelts were on, I press on the gas. Peeling away from the curb and leaving behind rubber.

The speed makes me laugh and I urge the car faster as we zip towards the hotel. Situated above where the gala will be taking place.

I spare a glance to my right and a slightly shell-shocked Liam is staring at me.

"What?"

"For the love of god, please watch the road"

I break sharply when we reach the underground parking and let out a breath.

I clamber out of the vehicle and grab my bag.

"That was fun!"

"Are you CRAZY?"

I laugh.

"Nope!"

The polished concrete makes our footsteps echo as we head to the stairs.

"If I knew you drove like a maniac, I would not have let you drive a high-performance vehicle."

I chuckle at his exasperation.

"Hey, at least we got here on time" I reply with a smile, "AND I didn't kill any pedestrians. That's always a plus"