Dressing up and dressing down

Happy reading!

My eyes fall shut as the elevator dings and I feel Alexa grab my hand and the contact sets my skin on fire.

I focus my senses back onto my surroundings and feel myself being pulled forward and through an enclosed space (through her doorway?).

I feel her walk in front of me and she grabs my other hand as well, we continue walking like this until I feel a soft pressure against the backs of my knees. Causing me to sit slowly.

The warmth of her presence fades as I hear her cross the room and a door slide open, followed by a light gasp.

God, I want to open my eyes.

"You can open your eyes now!" I hear her call through a door and I find myself in an empty room.

To fill the time, I stand up and head over to the window.

I'm a long way from North Carolina.

The door slides open behind me and I turn around. My jaw promptly hits the floor.

The dress she's wearing has a tight top and a long flowy skirt. Tulle material covering the skirt slides over a softer skirt.

The black makes her skin glow and her red hair stand out.

She looks gorgeous.

"I-." words fail me as I continue staring. Because of course I'm staring.

I watch as she giggles lightly at my reaction and my smile reminds me again of just how beautiful she is.

"You look gorgeous" I manage to say.

She smiles again.

"Thanks. I feel so different."

I walk over to her and notice something off.

"Are you... taller?"

She pulls back the layered skirt and a pair of strappy black heels comes into view.

Got it. Heels.

"FRIDAY" She calls out, "Can you ask mum and Wanda if they want to see what I'm wearing?"

There's a beat of silence before the reply rings out.

"Natasha, Wanda and the rest of your family would like to see you in the dress"

Alexa's POV

I run hand over the tulle in the skirt as FRIDAY finishes responding.

The dress is gorgeous. There are embroidered flowers running up the boning of the corset and it fits perfectly. The bottom of the skirt trailing lighting over the floor as I walk.

God, I owe Coulson. And damn that man has good taste.

"Shall we m'lady?" Liam breaks my reverie with a very posh British accent, while offering me his arm with a bow.

"We shall" I reply in an equally horrible accent, giving a curtsey with a laugh before we head to the elevator.

While in the elevator a comfortable silence begins before Liam mutters.

"How do you walk in those shoes?"

I let out a startled laugh.

"Practise Liam, a whole lot of practice".

He shakes his head as the doors slide open.

A swathe of compliments swirl around us as we exit the confines of the metal box and a smile.

"Oh, my goodness, Alexa, you look beautiful!"

Wanda wraps me in a hug, pressing a kiss to my cheek.

"Thank you lovely!"

"Lady Alexa, you look fit for the throne of Asgard" Thor booms as he crushes me in a hug.

I swear my ribs broke.

"Thanks Thor, I might leave that job to you though"

The others give me similar sentiments and I give hugs in return until Peter grabs my hand and spins me in a circle.

"You look very pretty, Alexa," he says with a smile before giving me a hug.

Last of all is my parents.

"Who's this stranger?" my dad jokes, as he sweeps me into a hug.

"Just your daughter" I reply into his shoulder, and feel him laugh.

I let go and give mum a hug, her whispering in my ear.

"You look like a star маленький"

She steps back slightly to look at me.

"You are prepped for your mission, right?"

I nod.

"I'm gonna go change out of this" I announce, making my way back to the elevator.

Liam passes me on the way, with a bemused smile on his face.

I catch his arm, stopping his path.

"Sorry about that, I never had a prom so they're kinda excited."

He shakes his head.

"No problems at all, it was cute to see them all excited for you, and you do look gorgeous".

I shoot him another smile before heading back upstairs. Changing out of my dress and heels

I go to head down stairs again when I see my bag from last week.

Had I really forgotten to unpack it?

I grab it and put the clothes away, shoving them onto shelves or hangers. Then place the photos and other nick-nacks where they belong on my shelves.

I leave the weapons and bullets till last.

Across my bookshelves, I have many books. Majority of which are genuine books that I read all the time, except for one.