Chapter 5: "Family"

Btw guys I slightly changed the spelling of Izzies sister, from "Danny" to "Dani" in case you were wondering. 🤓 Hope you enjoy 🥰

Izzie's POV

The next morning I awoke with an unusual sense of joy washing over me, I'd never felt this happy in a long time. I smiled happily to myself as I recollected my memories from the other night.

Casey's beautiful hazed eyes, her soft chocolate hair I could run my fingers through all day, and those perfectly plump lips I could just-

"Hey Iz you gonna let your breakfast get cold?" Dani called impatiently from the kitchen.

"Yeah- yeah- coming." I struggled out of bed, tripping over twice on my sheets.

I stumbled into the kitchen, as I stretched, yawning loudly. Dani had already gotten Ana, Tobias and Sammie dressed and made breakfast.

I'm incredibly grateful for Dani. When mom acts up, and disappears like she normally does, we've both gotten used to surviving without her.

But there are times, where looking after 2 year old Sammie, 5 year old Ana and 7 year old Tobias is too difficult for me and Dani.

Thank god we have our Grams, otherwise I don't know what we'd do. She helps as much as she can in her condition, considering that she's well into her 60's.

We lost our Grandpa nearly a year ago, and even through the heartbreak, Grams was still there for us no matter what.

She's always had her door open for us, and now that Grandpa's gone, I think she gets lonely.

But I'm glad the kids have at least one role model to look up to, because she definitely inspires me to be a better woman than my mother.

Whilst mom's off doing god knows what with god knows who, it's up to me and Dani to man the house.

Mother of the year award definitely doesn't go to Elena Gomes that's for sure.

After dad left, she's never been the same. It's like she thinks drinking her kidneys away is gonna fix something.

And bringing back random men to our home at 3 am, crashing down the door, with intoxicated mumbling and laughing echoing in the narrow hallways.

I can't even count the amount of times I've heard that.

Anxiety thudding through my veins, the awful feeling like a stranger was creeping in my house.

Because a stranger most definitely was in my house.

That wasn't going to bring dad back to us, he chose to walk out on us. And she can't handle it.

I know it's my practically my goal in life to end up nothing like her. One day I'll have kids of my own, and I know I'll be the best mother.

"Hey you alright there?" Dani asked, an eyebrow raised. I hadn't realised that I'd been stood at the doorway for awhile.

"Yeah, yeah just uhh.. tired I guess." I said trudging into the kitchen finally.

"Long night with Neeeewton." Danny teased whacking my butt as she strolled past giggling to herself.

"Hey!" I responded hitting her back, but she dodged quite smoothly past me. Obviously her boxing lessons were paying off.

I took a seat at the table cursing her under my breath, I mean I love her, but she's pretty annoying.

"Who's Newton?" Ana asked staring up at me through her thick lenses, with her eyebrows pinched together in confusion.