Chapter 13: "My girl."

A/N -
(Hey guys... I know double update weird lol. I just wanted to say thank u if you've stuck by this story, and sorry for taking so long to update. Seeing ur guys comments brings a smile to my face so thank you for that. It makes me genuinely happy, knowing that maybe my story could be bringing smiles to other people's faces too. So yeah🥰 thanks for the love u guys enjoy)

Casey's POV

It's been over a week, since I asked Izzie to be my girlfriend. Iz told me the reason, she was so distraught last week her mom was back.

I haven't really known how I feel considering I've never met the woman, although I haven't heard good things. Considering she practically airs her family for weeks, leaving poor Izzie and her siblings to fend for themselves. That alone made me mad, how could anyone do that to their own family.

Ever since that night last week, the only times I've really seen her, is at school and practice. And even then she'd hardly speak and keep her distance. Any other time I'd text her, she'd say she's busy or find some reason to cancel.

Laying on my bed, with my laptop perched on my chest. I was immersed in a tv show, which was a pretty good distraction from my current worries concerning the girl whom held my heart.

Though I'd still zone out and my mind would wander to those mesmerising, chocolate eyes. Which held deep bronze hues, and wonderful gold specks. Not to mention her adorable sprinkle of freckles, that dusted her button nose and usually flushed cheeks. A loud noise from my show snapped me back to reality, laughed inwardly at myself.

'What a simp." I thought to myself, as I sat up attempting to regain interest in the show.

As I got sucked back into the show, I didn't hear the knock that came from the door.

Although I did feel my shoulder being tapped, jumping up horrified I was relieved to find those deep brown eyes staring back at me.

"Hi." She smiled shyly, gesturing for me to scooch up. "Your mom let me in." She added as she noticed my confusion.

"Are you okay?" I asked, though she seemed hesitant to answer.

"I'm fine." She replied simply, averting her gaze momentarily to my laptop. "What are you up to?" She reached out and linked our palms together.

Deciding not to pressure her to speak, I figured she'd tell me anything that was bothering her when she's ready.

"Just watching Brooklyn 9-9." I answered nonchalantly, as I shut my laptop, and put it aside. Showing her she had my full attention, whilst stroking her hand with my thumb gently.

"Listen- she started

"Hey- I interrupted her accidentally, she chuckled and held her finger over my lips ceasing me from speaking.

"Babe," she spoke softly, moving her finger from my lips to stroke my cheek tenderly. "I know I've been acting a little strange lately." She confirmed my suspicions with an apologetic smile. "It's just... things at home are really weird right now." She mumbled ducking her head a little.

I pressed my lips onto her temple, in hopes of easing her tension. She looked back up at me, smiling sweetly as I did the same back

"Iz, it's okay if you don't-"

I was cut off by her lips on mine, coating my body in indescribable bliss. The kiss was soft and gentle, yet firm as if she wanted to show me her strength.

"I want to tell you." She spoke, her breath still lingering on my lips. As our faces where still inches apart, she had her arms wrapped around my neck securely. Stroking the nape of my neck soothingly, as she gazed into my eyes. "I want you to know every part of me. The good, the bad and the ugly." She said kissing my jaw affectionately.