Chapter 20: "Keep your friends close..."

*A/N Listen to "Touch me" by Victoria Monet ft Kehlani for better reading experience, during the flashback if you want.😘

Explicit Warning

Izzie's POV

I dreaded going over to Lauren's place, and stood in the bathrooms in school, thinking over any excuse I can use to get out of it.

I checked my phone and saw a text from Lauren, at ten last three.

Lauren: Where are u?

Ugh, maybe I should just get it over and done with...

Me: Sorry, had to stay behind in lesson, be out soon.

I groaned, as I stuffed my phone back into my bag. Time to face the music I guess, no turning back, I shoulda just lied.

I hesitantly left the bathroom, and headed to the front doors of the school. And into the parking lot, where a lot of the cars had already deserted, when I noticed a beefy white jeep gleaming in the sun. I spotted Lauren waiting outside the door, clad in a leather jacket, and black skinny jeans. Which I would have found hot, if I didn't absolutely despise the bitch. As I came closer to her Jeep, she looked up from her phone, and her piercing green eyes shocked me. Damn that hoe has planets in there or something. It seemed the daylight brought out specks of lime and yellow, I wish I had eyes that held such power.

"You ready to go?" She asked shoving her phone into her back pocket. And pushing back her dark black tresses, and rounding her Jeep.

"Yeah." I mumbled and jumped into the passenger seat, a scent of lavender and a hint of vanilla lingered the car pleasantly.

As she pulled out of school, the awkward silence from earlier in class returned, to my despair. Lauren seemed to notice it too, because she began looking through her little discs, of what looked like tracks.

"What kinda music do you listen to?" She asked, keeping one hand on the wheel, as she blindly grabbed at the discs.

"RnB, Hip Hop, Alternative rock..." I said and she nodded, as she continued searching the compartment, so I carried on speaking as I hated the silence that seemed to always linger. "Like Nirvana... Arctic monkeys... Red Hot Chilli Peppers... I love the 1975."

"No way! Okay I've got the perfect playlist." Lauren exclaimed excitedly, and I was surprised that for a second, I didn't feel like ripping her face off...

She pulled a disk out of a see through case, and slid the disk into the slot, all the while maintaining the road.

The soft beat of 'Paris' by the 1975 started to fill the car, I smiled unintentionally, when Matty Healy's soothing voice sang the first few lines.

"I love this song." I smiled, as I hummed the melody.

"Same." Lauren agreed, as the chorus came up, and I couldn't stop myself from singing.

'And how I'd love to go Paris again,'

"And again, again, again and again," I sung quietly, staring out the window, at the soft pattering rain that fell from the sky.