Gorgeous Friend and Annoying Fly

The next day Kara woke up a little bit earlier than usual

The next day Kara woke up a little bit earlier than usual. She had a breakfast to make after all. Still in her pyjama shorts and t-shirt she made her way towards the kitchen. She put on her earbuds and started making the batter. She danced to the song and silently hummed to the lyrics. She was a good singer but she didn't want to wake everyone up. While she was whisking the batter someone patted her back. Kara jumped at the contact, she turned on her heel with whisk in her hand and she splashed batter on Lena's t-shirt.

"I am so sorry Lena!" Kara screamed with horror in her eyes.

"No, don't apologise it was my fault." Lena waved her hand as if her t-shirt haven't been ruined.

"I really am sorry." She looked apologetically towards her friend. "Hold on." Kara ran to her room and left Lena in the kitchen with puzzled look. She grabbed a green plaid shirt and ran back.
"Here, I'll put your t-shirt into the washing machine and you can wear this."

Lena went to the bathroom to change and quickly came back with dirty t-shirt in her hand. "Thank you." She handed it to Kara. "What can I help you with?"

Kara accepted the piece of clothing but once she looked at Lena she couldn't look away. She stared at the sight before her. She didn't wanted to stare, that was rude, but she couldn't help herself. Her friend, her gorgeous friend wearing her plaid shirt, raven hair loosely fallen over her shoulder. She was more than pretty and Lena was aware of it. All the boys were always weak in their knees when Lena passed by them. Even if they didn't want to admit it, she made them weak. But Lena never gave any of the boys a chance.

"Kara?" A voice interrupted her train of thoughts.

"Ehm?" Kara blinked once. Twice. "Oh sorry, I... I didn't mean to stare. That shirt looks good on you. Green really is your colour!" Kara offered her a shy smile.

"Thank you." Lena blushed. Why is she blushing? Kara didn't understand but she didn't wanted to ask either so she let it be.

"I'm sorry what were you sayin'?

"I was asking you what can I help you with."

"Oh right! You can set the table." She said more like a question. "Everything's in the drawer by the wall.

"On it!" Lena skipped away.

As it turned out Lena had taught Kara the recipe well. First one to wake up and appreciate the pancakes was Eliza. She couldn't believe that Kara had made something like this herself and kept asking Lena if she was sure she didn't help her. The breakfast was soon gone and everyone was sitting happily around the table and congratulating Kara what a good job she's done.

"It was amazing, Kar!" Alex stood up and hugged her sister. "Thank you. But I need to go. I'm meeting with Mags to tell her the news. Bye!" She winked at Kara.

"What news?" Eliza asked curiously.

"I'm sure, Kara will tell you. I have to go, love you!" Alex grabbed her bike and rode away.

"Ahem," Lena begun "I invited them for a skiing trip to our Luthor weekend house. I hope it's not a problem."

"That's very kind of you! And when did you plan on going? Who else will be there?"

"Right after Christmas? Till New year's... And to answer who'll be there, well me and Lena, Alex, Maggie, Winn, James. Maybe more it depends if they have time. Can me and Alex go mom? Please, pretty please." Kara begged.

"You can, honey. Why wouldn't i let you go?"

Kara lead Lena to her room, "I'm so happy we'll spend time together from now on till New year's! I don't know if I'm more happy of spending Christmas with you or the whole week in the mountains! I am just happy in general. Oh! I can't wait for you to see your Christmas present! It is something I've always wanted you to have. And Lena don't get me something expensive!" Kara would have continued with her babble if Lena didn't stop her, "Sweetheart, you're talking too much." she chuckeled. "I'm happy to spend time with you too! Also don't ruin the surprise by telling me too much about my present."

"Sorry."

"Don't be." Lena offered her a warm smile.

"Netflix?" Kara reached for her notebook and patted a spot beside her. She put on the show she and Lena watched last time and didn't finish. She tried her best to concentrate on whatever was happening on screen but she couldn't. There was a fly that irritated her. She grabbed her slipper from the ground and ended the poor fly's life as soon as it landed on her.

Lena was startled by the loud bang, "You could have let it fly out of the window."

"No I couldn't. It was really annoying fly. Besides, it would have died soon anyway. Did you know that flies live for about a month?"

"That's not much. I bet that's because they're annoying, otherwise they would live longer." Lena shrugged her shoulders, chuckeled and continued watching the show.

After a while Kara spoke again. "Isn't it weird that we kill flies just because they're annoying? If people killed people for being annoying I would have died like 10 years ago!"