4

Lena

I pulled the last roller out of my hair, biting down on my bottom lip as it fell past my shoulder. I ruffled my fingers through the curls, checking my phone.

[From: Baby]
I'll be on my way in a few. I'm sorry

I let out a loud sigh and gently placed my phone on the counter. I looked at myself in the mirror, pulling my dress down a bit more.

I turned off the bathroom light and walked into our bedroom, grabbing my clutch and jacket. Only Josiah King could get a pass for being late to his own dinner.

I turned off the bedroom light and walked downstairs, placing my clutch on the counter. I waited patiently for my fiancé to walk through the door.

A few minutes passed and the door quietly opened. He stepped inside and stopped when he saw me standing at the counter.

"We're late," I said, my eyes locked on his.

"I-I know that," he softly muttered, shrugging out of his jacket.

I bit down on my lip, shrugging. "We need to leave."

"Not yet."

He walked towards me and I grabbed my clutch, brushing past him.

"Lena," he cautiously said.

"You're making both of us look like idiots," I said, spinning around to face him.

"How am I doing that?" He asked, rolling his sleeves up, revealing his forearms inch by inch.

He knows his forearms make me stutter.

I decided to ignore his veiny forearms. "You do this."

"I do what?" He asked, gripping his hips.

"You stress yourself out, and you act erratic. Jo, what is up with you?"

"I'm sorry I have a billion-"

"Jo," I said, leaning my head back, "I know you're stressed. But you don't have to act like that."

"Act like what?" He asked, his voice raising.

"Lower your voice," I asked, "please."

"Act like what?" He asked, a much calmer tone this time.

"You're shutting yourself out from everyone, including me. You do this when you get stressed. We can do it together, Jo."

"I've told you that you're going to have to settle on the fact that I will not drag you into my mess."

"So what happens in a few months when I have your last name, Jo?" I asked, shaking my head, "what are you expecting?"

"I'm expecting to fuck you. A lot."

I bit my tongue. "Jo."

"Maybe then I won't be so stressed," he said, "making us look like idiots. Shutting myself out from the world."

I grabbed his arm before he could walk past.

"You're going to take your dress off as soon as we walk in the house," he said, nodding down at me, "no negotiations."

My breathing became more rapid. I felt my stomach do a somersault, making me peel my eyes away from his.