one

-jennie-

"I'm gonna miss you so much, Jen."

I bowed down my head as I blocked my sobs through my fist, my tears strolling down uncontrollably.

"Nini," he placed his hands on my shoulders, sighing as he slowly pulled me against his chest while wrapping his arms on my body tightly.

"You're making it harder for me to leave," his voice broke at the end.

I buried my face on his chest, soaking Jay's shirt with my tears but I didn't hear any complain. My brother never did, he adored me so much that I didn't understand at first why he wanted to get rid of me—or why he had to accept the job in the first place.

"You know I'm doing it for you, right? I love you so much..."

I sobbed.

"I-I love you too..."

I know it's not easy on his part too, but he's doing everything to provide for us.

"Now stop crying because the last thing I want to see before I leave is my Nini's gummy smile," he softly says while pushing strands of hair out of my face.

I breathed deeper to calm myself and be strong so he wouldn't leave with such a heavy heart. I'm pretty sure I was able to pull off a wince instead of a smile as I tried to lift my lips up.

He chuckled, leaning his forehead slightly on top of mine while playfully brushing our noses together, like we used to when we were kids. We still do, actually. It has always been our thing.

"Show me that gummy, Nini," he teased, pulling back with his boyish grin that my friends always gush on.

I couldn't help but smile.

"If you think you can get rid of me, you're wrong because I'm going to call you everyday. We'll video chat once in a while and you'll update me from time to time, got it?" I said, crossing my arms.

He chuckled, shaking his head in amusement, "Yes mom. I'm coming home on your birthday. Count the days, okay?"

I pressed my lips together, trying to fight the urge of crying once again. It's gonna be seven long months before I see him again.

"What about me?" Lisa, Jay's bestfriend, spoke after a long while, probably because she was trying to give me a moment with my brother.

Lisa raised her brow, smirking.

"You, my friend," he dropped his arm on Lisa's broad shoulders, "Are going to take care of yourself and my sister for me, like she's your own. No boys for my little sister, alright?"

"I'm not little-"

I wasn't even able to protest because Lisa cut me off in an instant, "I will, buddy. I'll take care of her, you have my word," although her lips curled up into a grin, her eyes shot up on him with all seriousness.

At first it was really hard to believe that nothing came in between them, not even the slightest bit. My brother is the most loving, gentle, smart and gorgeous man in the world while Lisa is like his female counterpart. Not to mention that they're really close, and we treat her as family already.

Although we both knew that Lisa also liked girls, she never really closed her doors to men.

But that was before. Now I can understand that what they have is like a brotherly love. Besides, Lisa already has Mina, and my brother treats him like family which is enough for him to know that I'll be fine here, even without him.

"I knew I could count on you. I'm gonna miss you too," with that, they hugged for a couple of seconds, until it was time for Jay to go.

He hugged me once again, kissing my forehead before pulling up the handle of his luggage bag.