six

-lisa-

"You're early," Jennie says with a sleepy voice while stepping aside to let me in.

"I don't want to arrive here expecting you're ready to be picked up, only to find you sleeping so I decided to get up early today," I shrugged, concealing my smile when she looked annoyed at my statement.

She crossed her arms after shutting the door behind her.

"I'm not tardy like you expect me to be," she rolls her eyes, "I'll be back in a few."

"Did you have your breakfast?"

She stopped on her tracks to face me, "I'm not in the mood today so I didn't, and I didn't expect you to come over this early so I haven't prepared one. Why, are you hungry?"

This is what I'm worried about. She's living alone now so I always make sure she have everything she needs, but I only get to check on her after work. Now that I thought of it, she must've been skipping breakfast a lot these days. Or probably a lot of meals, she's getting more thin now that I realized.

I shook my head, "Go get ready so we can leave early and eat breakfast outside."

"Okay," she simply replied, quickly turning her back on me while sprinting her way to her room.

I couldn't help but laugh. She looks like a fine, mature lady on the outside but still acts like a kid sometimes.

After half an hour, she came down in a cropped, long-sleeved stripes, jeans that were hugging her waist perfectly, dangling earrings on her ears, a small bag and a bright smile on her face.

I watched her every step, while she's smiling from ear to ear.

Huh. Despite her wonderful sense of fashion and accessories, and the way she carries herself confidently, that gummy smile still suits her best.

No wonder boys are all over her, and they're getting on my nerves, specifically that Hanbin kid. I can sense that Jennie likes him, though...

I can't believe Jennie likes that boy. Sure, he's probably popular and he looks good, but I think Jennie deserves so much more and she will meet that person at the right time.

Someone like... I don't know, more mature? Someone who'll look after her and not take advantage of her.

It still irritates me thinking about what she's doing with Hanbin inside his car.

"I'm ready!" she exclaims excitedly, bringing me back to my senses.

Now that she's near me, I finally got to look at her more clearly. My eyes passed by her exposed skin under her crop top quickly before averting them back to her eyes.

The weather outside is cold...

"Um... Are you only gonna wear that?" I just had to ask.

And I almost regretted it when that gummy smile was replaced with a frown.