twenty four

-lisa-

"Hey, I was just about to call."

I smiled upon hearing her voice, "You missed me that much?"

"That and... uh, you don't have to come get me anymore."

Slipping inside my car, I checked the clock. I told her I'll be picking her up in an hour or so because of another late meeting... it's only been half an hour.

"I was just about to go there. What's up?"

"Oh, well... Rosé insisted on bringing me home. We just got out of the parking lot."

That's the second time Rosé offered to drive her home this week. I've been really busy these days as I was trying to score an investor, so I wasn't really able to spend much time with her lately.

"Okay, thank her for me. I guess I'll just drive straight to your house?"

"Okay. Bye."

"I love-"

I pouted when she immediately ended the call. Probably in a hurry.

When I arrived at her house, I saw her and Rosé standing outside. They both looked my way while I park beside Roseanne's car.

"Hey babe," I jogged towards my girl, pecking her lips before smiling at Rosé, "Thanks for bringing her home today and last time."

I only received a nod. I turned to Jennie again and saw her tense up, her forehead creased. Were these two fighting?

"Rosé is just leaving-"

"Actually, I think I might stay," Rosé smiled wide at me, then to Jennie, "Overnight. That fine, Nini?"

"O-Of course."

"I wish I can stay overnight too," I grunted, "But I have a work appointment early in the morning. Do you have any plans tomorrow, though?" I turned to ask Jennie because it's a weekend tomorrow.

"No, just staying in the whole day," Jennie weakly answers, putting out her keys as she opened the door for us.

Rosé and I caught up for a while about their studies, while Jennie prepared us something to eat. I quickly went and slipped my arms from behind her when Rosé disappeared to the bathroom.

The whole time I was in the living room, I couldn't stop glancing at her. She looks distracted today, it's making me worry.

My poor girl didn't even hear me approaching that she almost dropped the ingredients she's holding in surprise.

"What's wrong?" I pressed my mouth on her neck once before turning her around to face me. With one hand on the counter behind her, I stroked her cheek with the other one, "Bad day?"

I didn't get a response, just her arms circling my waist as she buried her face on my chest. I stood straight and pulled her closer.

"Can't you stay here, with me?" she mumbles on my neck.

"I'm here baby," I kissed her temple.

She sighed.

"I'll have to leave at dawn if I sleep here. I won't wake you up anymore, okay?" I pulled away and saw the corners of her lips curl up as she nod.

I grinned and pecked her lips. "I see even Limario can't replace me."

Her smile made me ease my worries. If there's something troubling her, she will tell me, right?

A cough from the side disrupted our little moment there, only to see Rosé leaning on the wall with a grin on her face. "Limario?"

I didn't even notice she's out there already.