X

TEN // THAILAND

Jimin hates alcohol.

he stopped drinking long ago but sometimes he can't help himself. the temptation swims in his eyes every night. the drinking game used to be common in his past and now he has occasional drinks. his mood depends on whether he drinks or not.

he's not particularly fond of hangovers and the distant memories from the night before. he believes he has a good memory so when he can't remember even big details from what are meant to be memorable nights, makes him more stressed than usual. Namjoon unintentionally helped him to drink less, he enjoyed his company when he was sober. when things were real, meaningful and memorable.

Jimin would rather spend a night with Namjoon, driving him around and being taught pearls of wisdom rather than partying and drinking. one of his favourite memories with Namjoon is when he drove the older to watch the stars spontaneously. the sick individual's beanie flew off, showing his shaved head as they laughed.

emotional Jimin likes to remember his happy, close kept memories with intelligent, strong Namjoon that he's kept close to his heart, rather than the factual loss of his friend to cancer. he's thankful for his good memory in that moment. he doesn't want to ever forget Namjoon because he's a man that deserves to be remembered.

Jimin will do everything in his power to make sure Kim Namjoon is remembered.

Jimin doesn't know why he drinks. his reasons remain unclear but he thinks, why does anyone drink? to forget. he doesn't know how he becomes companions with a glass bottle for the night. since when did a substance replace bodily warmth and friends? the next morning makes him question everything. why did he drink in the first place? how did he get home? who is he?

Jimin groans and shakes his dark hair, pillow under his head suddenly uncomfortable. he tosses onto his back and stretches lazily, kicking a body beside him accidentally. the male freezes immediately.

of course she's here- Jimin sighs, nearly rolling his eyes at his actions. why is he like this? why can't he stay away from what's not for him? something that's bad for him?

who says it's bad?- the other side to his conscious speaks.

tired Jimin glances at the clock on the wall, making him groan even more as he realises he's slept in. the hangover is an understandable excuse. he needs to get out of bed and start his mundane day, no matter how late it is. a part of him wants to lean in closer to her, stare at her a little longer but no...

Jimin rubs his brown eyes, kicking off the covers before he gets out of his bed. it's time to sort his headache out. he can deal with everything else later.

//

Jimin hears a low thud come from his bedroom. he pauses his cooking for a few seconds before he continues. he knows it's Serenity. what else could it be? she's probably woken up with creased brows, tired eyes so she's fallen accidentally and is now in a haze of where is she? who is she?

the male who's been awake for over an hour, thinks about how she looked in the morning. Serenity looked like a mess with her morning hair, just like him. it was quite entertaining.

Jimin knows she didn't mean to fall asleep here last night. she was meant to just bring him home and leave. he remembers how she stumbled his body into the apartment, threw some covers on him, took off his shoes and kissed him. his forehead is where her lips lingered before she secretly allowed herself to kiss his lips. the infatuated female ended up staying because Jimin's clingy self pulled her down, surprising her as she giggled in the a.m.

Jimin hears more rustling around, now aware that she's gathering her things before getting ready to leave. he continues with his cooking, humming as he moves around his tidy, airy kitchen and observes the pan.

his bedroom door opens slowly. it doesn't swing against the wall like it usually does. Jimin watches Serenity with amused eyes as she walks out, jacket and essentials in hand. "where are you going?" his voice cuts through the silence, catching them both by surprise as she straightens her posture.

Serenity tries to ease the atmosphere with a small smile. she doesn't know what to say. Jimin can tell from the way she finds it hard to look at his eyes and fiddles with the end of her shirt. Jimin is the opposite. he remains calm and collected, watching her struggle.

"i thought you might-"

"want you to leave?" Jimin cuts her off and the pieces of toast that pop out of the toaster startles him, reminding him of his humanity. "no, i want you to stay." he says honestly. his brown eyes of tiredness and complexity hold genuineness that Serenity reads easily.

just as the female he barely knows starts to come up with an excuse, Jimin beats her to an answer. "you have to stay." he declares, flicking his eyes to the pan of eggs in front of him. he's proud. "i made breakfast now." he gestures towards the cooking.

"you did?" Serenity's surprised now. she watches Jimin in awe and doesn't recognise the drunk boy from last night or the one she slept with.

"yes. i love cooking." Jimin mentions, not realising he had confessed a hobbie of his to a stranger. cooking isn't something he does often no, but when he does he feels lighter and productive. he feels more productive making food for no one than marking papers. "i used to cook a lot for-" he stops mid sentence. she doesn't need to know everything.

Serenity smiles. "i'll stay then." Jimin can tell he's lifted her mood. she doesn't want to run away from his bedroom or ... him anymore.

the satisfied yet hungover male offers hot chocolate and Serenity nods. she places her things down before approaching Jimin who's dressed in a random button up and sweatpants, hair held back with a headband. she helps him and follows his orders on bringing the plates of food to the couch where they can watch television.

"this is so good." Jimin hums, mixing his breakfast items together and taking a big bite. he isn't talking about the food but Serenity doesn't know that. she's enjoying his food. he hopes he enjoys his presence too because he likes the presence of another person at his place. this is her first time here yet she belongs. even if she's dressed in the same clothes he tore off her last night. "stay for the night?" he asks, wanting her to stay so they can get to know each other more. it could work out.

"again?"

yes, i like your company. i don't like being alone, yet i've been alone all these years- is what he wants to say but his mouth is full of food. Jimin doesn't say it anyway because it sounds stupid in his head. what would she even think? how desperate. him being honestly blunt makes him worry. he doesn't like the idea of being too open with people.

anyone can use your weaknesses against you.

then Serenity jumps up, clutching her plate. "shit. i have work!" she screams in surprise, mouth full of food as her eyes widen.

Jimin smirks. it's past one pm, is she kidding?

//