XVII

SEVENTEEN // EGYPT

Jimin stumbles across Serenity in the school corridors. it's an amusing scene as they both have kids tugging at their sleeves and all they can focus on is each other's lips.

the kids continue to annoy them but the two adults nevertheless, begin a conversation in the empty hallway. "what are you doing?"

"arts and crafts, you?" Jimin answers. it's a subject he doesn't mind. he likes the feeling of being able to rub the paint off his fingers, helping kids to mix colours and he gets to learn new things too. he's not great at art but anyone can make anything if they try hard enough. he likes that about art.

"science." Serenity nods. Jimin likes the fact that he can see the cheer in her eyes. he always manages to capture specific emotions, whether it's happiness, grief or excitement. right now, it's a mixture of joy and ecstacy.

or is he simply looking into a reflection of himself? the thought makes him shiver as he tries to regain his usual composure.

"fun. thinking of me too?" Jimin cheekily asks with a smirk. if the kids weren't here, he's sure he'd have stepped forward and given her a quick peck so she could remember his taste. his smirk grows wider when he notices Serenity trying not to hit him in front of the kids. he likes it when she rolls her eyes.

"maybe." the lady hums.

"you know the night we met again..."

Serenity furrows her brows. both of the kids start to talk among themselves, not minding the conversation. they gave up on trying to fight for attention. "hm?" she waits for Jimin to go on, wondering why he's bringing up such a topic at a random, inappropriate time.

"who were you trying to forget?"

"you already asked me this."

"go on, tell me." Jimin refrains from touching Serenity. his eyes dance with sweet danger as he thinks about pulling her closer by her waist. "are we not close enough?" he inquires. the truth is, he doesn't care that much, he's never been into personal gossip or back stories. if she decides to tell him or not, it doesn't change a thing between them so why is he asking?

"it was my ex boyfriend."

"oh, what went wrong?"

Serenity seems uncomfortable. "he's gay but its okay-" she reassures him. Jimin can sense a certain protection and love over the ex lover. "i think i was trying to forget a lot. who were you thinking about?" she redirects the question and it startles him.

"who do you think?"

Serenity just nods. Jimin watches the girl with a queer look. he believes her when she said she was trying to forget. it seems like when she was drinking that night, she had no idea who was on her mind. in contrast, Jimin has forgotten everything, whereas Serenity is a person of remembrance.

as Jimin spends his evening sat on his window ledge, he spends his time alone with a cigarette. this is what he calls free time, comfort time.

but today, it isn't as comforting as he'd like it to be. even the fiery cigarette in his hand adds to the smoke in his head. the smoke is filled with doubts and uneasiness. he's wondering if what he has with Serenity is a good thing. he doesn't know how to feel or think. will he end up regretting this?

but he's selfish, he feels as he smirks and smokes his cigarette. this is a way to live in the moment right? Namjoon would be proud.

//

it's not wednesday but enjoy

Letters to Reality is coming soon as a published book and i'm really excited. check out my socials below for more info!!

 check out my socials below for more info!!