XXX

THIRTY // BARBADOS

Jimin clenches his jaw as he spots the boy standing outside. he's dressed in a peculiar yet fashionable outfit with style.

street style.

he hates to admit it but he's jealous.

jealousy isn't a feeling that usually sits with Jimin. he hates the way it feels since he's never experienced it much until today.

Serenity has been spending more and more time with her childhood best friend Hoseok. he's a lovely, smiling and ambitious individual. Jimin sees everything that he doesn't see in himself and of course, he's furious.

his female lover has started to spend more time with Hoseok than with him and although he understands, the irritation sits with him like the smoke in his lungs. i want your attention on me...

Jimin lifts his chestnut eyes, gazing at oblivious Hoseok as he steps out of the school at the end of the day. Serenity brushes past Jimin and joins her friend by his side, conversing with warm smiles. she swings her satchel over her shoulder, hair being blown by the wind beautifully. Jimin can't help but speed up and walk behind them as they exit the premises.

"want to introduce me to him finally?"

Serenity turns around, eyes lighting up with something that seems like joy. but Jimin knows not to fall for such deception. she's purposely not seen him in days. two days and he's eager for her. isn't she? "this is Jimin." she gestures towards him with her hand. Jimin can only concentrate on the rings on her slender fingers and how he wants to put her fingers into his mouth, make her moan...

"i'm Hoseok!" the older boy smiles, shaking Jimin's hand with genuineness. "it's a pleasure to meet you. i'm Serenity's childhood sweetheart." he explains, eyes lifting up with his cheekbones.

"ah i see." Jimin walls with them. he spots a particular child from his classroom and acknowledges him with a smile. he's the one he'll always remember, who shared his lunch with him. "you both went to school together?" he asks, pretending to care, not actually interested. he doesn't care about Serenity's past, how can he when he doesn't even care about his own? not even his present. he's living a particular, mundane life and the only thrill he gets is from Serenity.

"yeah just like the one you're both working at." Hoseok is lively, that's for sure. "did you both meet there?" he asks, brown eyes lifting with curiosity as he tucks his hands into his cargo pants. Jimin admires his style and the way he wears confidence in the best way. he has a lot to learn.

doesn't his job involve teaching, not being taught?

"ah funny story..." Jimin holds onto his bag. he doesn't look at Serenity's face as she stammers, trying to come up with a suitable answer. he lowers his gaze, shaking his head with a playful smile as Serenity blushes.

Hoseok has no idea what's happening. "where did you meet then?"

"at a gay bar" and, "at a carnival."

"which one is it then?" Hoseok raises his brows.

"we met at a zoo."

Serenity looks at Jimin with a confused look, half laughing in nervousness. Jimin simply smirks, tugging at the end of her jacket as they near his building unintentionally. "why were you at the zoo alone?" Hoseok questions and they're both amused, trying not to laugh without an explanation.

"anyway, Seren said she would help me out with my assignments so she'll see you later!"

"i'll call you." Hoseok hugs Serenity before saying it was a pleasure to meet Jimin. the younger returns his smile and kind words, pleased that he's leaving but also pleased that they got on. but now, finally, he can have the only interested female in his life's attention.

"you don't need to call him."

"he's my best friend i obviously-"

"what am i then?"

"bitch, you're my fuck buddy." Serenity shoves him playfully. Jimin catches her smile before capturing her hands in his as they tease one another.

"that's all i am?" he winks.

Serenity kisses Jimin in the street. a rare and exquisite moment. she presses her hands against his cheeks, slamming her hot body against his as they kiss each other surrounded by society trying to live their lives.

"let's get you home." Serenity sighs and pulls away.

Jimin feels sorrowful because the truth is, he doesn't know what home is. did he ever know?