Chapter 1

"Do you not get lonely, brother?" Aro Volturi asks his blonde brother; he knows Marcus does not, Marcus has practically been numb since his mate, Aro's sister, was killed.

"Why would I possibly get lonely?" Caius Volturi asls cooly, waiting for his meal that Chelsea should be bringing here any moment.

"You've no mate," Aro says as Sulpicia steps up behind her husband / mate. 

"I have no concern over obtaining a mate, that has long passed," Caius claims. "What I am, brother, is hungry? Where is miss Chelsea with our meal?"

"Right here, sir," a female voice fills the throne room as the steel doors open.

Caius's crimson eyes snap forward, furious that Chelsea seemed to have forgotten to knock and address herself before entering. As if knowing her tragic mistake, Chelsea avoids the blonde's furious gaze as she leads a group of humans in.

The smell alone is fulfilling but there is one human that doesn't smell as... Alluring  as the others.

"You're dismissed," Aro says to Chelsea. "Felix, lead miss Lucious out of here. She won't be coming back."

Understanding what Aro means, Felix nods and he leads Chelsea out to kill her. She's human; she was working until she was able to be turned. Chelsea knows she's about to die instead of turn because of her mistake. She knew better than to just barge in.

Aro and Marcus have done started feeding. Caius feeds from a male and he approaches a woman, but he freezes as he meets her chocolatey brown eyes. The woman is trembling in fear as Marcus stops feeding, looking at his brother. Aro realizes that Marcus has stopped feeding and follows his gaze to a traumatized human and a shocked Caius.

"Oh, fratello," Aro comments. "He's found his mate."

Caius's lips part slightly, unsure of how to take this information. His brothers remain silent, knowing this is something Caius needs to do without their help. Marcus and Aro quietly return to their thrones.

"Come ti chiami (whats your name)?" Caius asks cautiously, his guard up.

"Athens," the girl replies, her voice small and not fully Italian. "Athens Ricci."

Caius licks his lips and he turns away, crimson eyes closed with his fingers pinching the bridge of his nose. When Athens goes to leave, Demitri stops her.

"Not a good idea," he says in English. "Wait until you're fed upon or dismissed."

Athens only looks down, she now retreats going on this tour of the Volturi castle. Her ex - Edward Cullen - told her to. They ended things badly, so he suggested the human to go Volterra. Now, she understands. Edward must've thought she'd be dead by now.

"Athens," Caius speaks slowly as he turns, his now black eyes facing the human. "What do you know about us?"

"Just that you're creepy as hell and you feed on people," Athens replies. "That's all... I swear, sir!"

"Don't be scared, darling, please," Caius says quickly, surprising himself - Aro and Marcus aren't surprised, they're happy, Marcus is actually happy for once. "Do you have a place to stay for the weekend?"

"N-no, I c-came here from Washington," Athens admits - she is mixed, Italian and American.

"Jane," Aro speaks from his throne, "lead miss Ricci to her chambers, please. We have some things to discuss."

The girl with crimson eyes and blonde hair in a tight bun nods firmly, and leads the human out. Caius sinks his fangs into a plump female, the scent of his blood singer flooding his nose still as he drains the woman completely dry.
*****